DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

France & Spain road trip trailer.

Thanks! This place is Etretat on the north coast of France.

****, wrong end of the country for me but what a fabulous location. Not far from Le Have either I see. Might nose round there next time I'm passing through.. I usually drive through northern France eyes shut, it mostly flat and boring! Next time I nip back to the UK I'd like to try and do something around Vimy Ridge.

Great video all round.

****, wrong end of the country for me but what a fabulous location. Not far from Le Have either I see. Might nose round there next time I'm passing through.. I usually drive through northern France eyes shut, it mostly flat and boring! Next time I nip back to the UK I'd like to try and do something around Vimy Ridge.

Great video all round.
France has a lot of great places to fly but a lot of them are no fly zones or very limited altitude. I found a few interesting locations in the north just by sort of wandering around without a plan. I still have quite a bit of Loire Valley to explore but next time I want to do south of France. Spain is quite good because you see loads of places even just driving on a motorway. Thanks for watching and a nice comment. Give me your channel address and I’ll have a look at yours as well!

Channel still in the planning stages as I'm fairly new to this drone thing. I'm about ten miles north of the Pyrenees in Occitanie (Gascony as was). I have a list of sites lined up as long as your arm. To be honest, so long as you aren't an idiot, rules mean something different here. Obviously you respect the important stuff but generally people and gendarmes couldn't care less.

Last edited:
I wish I was less risk averse then I am. I even went first thing in the morning to shoot Mount Saint Michel but then when I was there I convinced myself that it wasn’t a good idea. It was one of the places that was my dream to fly at! It’s got about a 3km nfz all around and realistically you can only fly from underneath it without barking any more laws. I also went to the famous Dune de Pilat but again it was a nfz and I obeyed like a good citizen :( One remark about flying in France even in legal zones is to whatch out for low flying fast movers. I had a couple of scary encounters with first two military helicopters flying at about 40m over a river seconds after I touched down. Second was jet fighters in the middle of nowhere training dog fighting a frighteningly low altitude (I wouldn hazard a guess) right befor I was about to take off (not a nfz).

Incredible footage and great editing.

Reactions: Derlisz
Fantastic images and edition

Beautiful video! Visiting Spain in a couple of months. What are the regulations like there, I've seen a lot of drone videos of Barcelona & Madrid, seems to me that they are more lax about drones. How did you find it?

Beautiful video! Visiting Spain in a couple of months. What are the regulations like there, I've seen a lot of drone videos of Barcelona & Madrid, seems to me that they are more lax about drones. How did you find it?

Thanks a lot. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the restrictions in Spain are actually very strict and carry heavy fines. The locations have included in my video where suggested by my friend who lives in Spain and have researched locations for his own flights. Unfortunately there where also many worthwhile places I have visited during my trip where I would not be able to fly legally. Just to start off you can't fly closer then 8 km to any airport (regardless of the size). Can't fly over built up areas. You have to watch for military controlled areas where flight is allowed but filming is not and these areas are usually very large. There is an online portal where you can plan your flights and see what restrictions you will find in each location. ENAIRE Drones I hope you will find some suitable places and enjoy your holiday.

Thanks a lot. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the restrictions in Spain are actually very strict and carry heavy fines. The locations have included in my video where suggested by my friend who lives in Spain and have researched locations for his own flights. Unfortunately there where also many worthwhile places I have visited during my trip where I would not be able to fly legally. Just to start off you can't fly closer then 8 km to any airport (regardless of the size). Can't fly over built up areas. You have to watch for military controlled areas where flight is allowed but filming is not and these areas are usually very large. There is an online portal where you can plan your flights and see what restrictions you will find in each location. ENAIRE Drones I hope you will find some suitable places and enjoy your holiday.

So if I want to fly my M2P over the Aquaduct in Segovia, am I reading it correctly when I choose the “Recreational” map that I’m allowed?
023bc7d2fa0f5232606b0656c64d3161.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000