DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

French Alps - Annecy le Semnoz - Savoie 4K

Nice one Life-J ! Those are some wide open ski runs with few people! Thats awesome ! I like the lady who ducks out of the way when you are coming in low. LOL

Nice one Life-J ! Those are some wide open ski runs with few people! Thats awesome ! I like the lady who ducks out of the way when you are coming in low. LOL

The lady ducking was of course a relative ! i would not do this with a random stranger !

Awsome Video. Im going Skiing in France end of the month. Taking my mavic too. Any tips for flying in cold weather or snow ?

Awsome Video. Im going Skiing in France end of the month. Taking my mavic too. Any tips for flying in cold weather or snow ?

Warm Batteries! Dont let them get cold before flight. Fly up in altitude and hover to let the battery get even a bit warmer. Then observe battery percentage carefully as the cold weather depletes batteries faster. Perhaps return home well before 15 % failsafe just to have a margin of safety.

Reactions: ChrisHackney
Warm Batteries! Dont let them get cold before flight. Fly up in altitude and hover to let the battery get even a bit warmer. Then observe battery percentage carefully as the cold weather depletes batteries faster. Perhaps return home well before 15 % failsafe just to have a margin of safety.

I also recommend to be aware that the sun and the snow can make the obstacle avoidance sensors a little crazy. In these conditions when you flight towars the sun or a massive sun reflection on ice the drone dosent move faster than 1 or 2 kph, (in this video, one of those shots is right towards the end of the video when its coming back towars a road and you can see the sun teflect on snow and ice). When this happens just turn off the front sensor or simply go in sports mode to take the drone to your next waypoint.

Nice video, but yes I could tell you used a filter as you would have had whiteout otherwise; nice work!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones