DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Friday the 13th the death of my MPP.

Gary VJ

Reactions
This is my first post and I'm sad to say It's not a good one.
I looked out of the living room window and saw something I wanted to get a video of.
I then made the big mistake of getting in a hurry.
I take off and climb to what I thought I was above a near by tree but it was not.
My MPP fell 70 feet to the hard ground breaking the frame and three legs, camera seems to be working..
The reason I'm writing this is to remind all the drone pilot's NOT TO GET IN A HURRY.
My future plans our to upgrade to something newer.

Last edited:
Hi Gary VJ Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
Sorry to see your first post is of a disaster.
At least you know to get calm before lift-off when you get your new upgrade.

Ow. Sorry.

You left out why your MPP crashed? You said you thought something was above the tree, but it was not. So does that mean you flew into the tree? If so, that's a really bummer! Was obstacle avoidance turned off?

You left out why your MPP crashed? You said you thought something was above the tree, but it was not. So does that mean you flew into the tree? If so, that's a really bummer! Was obstacle avoidance turned off?
I thought I was above the tree.

I looked out of the living room window and saw something I wanted to get a video of.
I take off and climb to what I thought I was above a near by tree but it was not.
My MPP fell 70 feet to the hard ground breaking the frame and three legs, camera seems to be working..
The reason I'm writing this is to remind all the drone pilot's NOT TO GET IN A HURRY.
Sorry for your loss. I’ve done the “hurry” thing too. We all have to slow down and think, especially at our age. ?

Reactions: NAVMAV
Sorry your first post is tinged with sadness, never rush a take off
to much to go wrong. least no one was hurt, only plastic.

So sorry for your drone loss. I feel your pain. I flew my Mavic pro into smokestack at 150 feet up. She Took took up residence on the cat walk up there. It made me nauseous for hours.

Reactions: RMS001
"Haste makes waste." an old but still true saying. I am subject to it a lot of times. Most recently, I knocked my full cup of coffee on to my morning newspaper at breakfast, including the seat cushion, and breakfast plate. Spent the next 30 minutes cleaning up and trying to dry out the newspaper with a hair dryer.

Reactions: NAVMAV and RMS001
I’ve crashed mine quite a few times (normally due to sketchy connectivity) but still flying! The first scratch is the hardest they say!

Reactions: RMS001
Dad bought me a P3A for Christmas back in 2016. Arrived at the house day after Thanksgiving. We have to test it out, right? A few "new pilot" scrapes, no biggy. Pack it up for Christmas. Christmas comes, I fly it at his house OK.

Day after Christmas: fly it down my driveway over to the not busy street to take off. Apparently I didn't go as far down my driveway as I thought and hit the overhead utility wires about 10ft up. Gimbal in 3 pieces, among other damage. I needlessly avoided dad for more than a week.
DJI was merciful to me though. Charged for a repaired gimbal but clearly they replaced it.

Reactions: RMS001 and KurtpH
WE all learn by our mistakes, some more costly then others. Just met I guy been married 3 Times, still does not know what he did wrong. Hope he figures it out.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Look at the bright side. You’re about to get a replacement that is incredibly superior. FYI From experience let recommend Seattle Drone Repair. They are terrific and fair.

WE all learn by our mistakes, some more costly then others. Just met I guy been married 3 Times, still does not know what he did wrong. Hope he figures it out.
Need to look at the log report on the three timer though, determine whether it was pilot error.?

sorry to hear about your MPP. I think we are all guilty of this at some stage, 90% of the time we get away with it, the other 10% causes the loss of our drone. Hope you are able to upgrade soon.
Regards
Gagey52

Yep! I've done things I regret but just tear off that band and move on. The definition of experience is doing it rite the second time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots