DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Front motors on the Mavic 2 Pro hot....hotter then the rear ones ?

MavicFlyer2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've been laid up at home and boredom has set in. I decided to take the Mavic out and do some camera adjusting also some controller adjusting then finish up by flying around and landing. I had it up in the air around 15 minutes.
It was a warm/humid day (84° temp and 67° dewpoint) and after landing I felt the blade motors. Noticeable the fronts were quite a bit warmer then the rears with the front right (looking straight down) was the warmest motor of them all. Mostly the rear ones felt about the same.
I'm not sure what I should do ? I know not to lube them. I was thinking compressed air but would it be good to turn over the drone and blow the motors out that way ?

I'm not sure what I should do ? I know not to lube them. I was thinking compressed air but would it be good to turn over the drone and blow the motors out that way ?
It's normal for the motors to get hot ... they have a lot of current running through them.
Why do anything?
Your drone flies normally doesn't it?

Reactions: Cafguy
It's normal for the motors to get hot ... they have a lot of current running through them.
Why do anything?
Your drone flies normally doesn't it?
Yes it's flying fine as I can tell....I was curious of the differences of the heat change from each motor and wasn't sure how normal that is. That starboard front side is quite a bit warmer then the rest.

Agree it is normal for the motors one or even two motors just may be running at a slightly faster RPM that is normal I wouldnt put air into the motor UNLESS I could "feel" something inside. I will bet your drone is fine.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Agree it is normal for the motors one or even two motors just may be running at a slightly faster RPM that is normal I wouldnt put air into the motor UNLESS I could "feel" something inside. I will bet your drone is fine.
Thanks...I am feeling better about this now ! Thumbswayup

I've been laid up at home and boredom has set in.
What controller are you using?
If you use a phone and the controller IS NOT an RC1B,.
SWITCH THE PHONE's WIFI OFF, connect the phone to your computer via USB, if you are using windows and an android phone use the computer to run a search for "MCDatFlightRecords", right click any folder it finds and lefy click on "open folder location". If the path show dji.go.v4 open the folder and check to see whether or not there are any .DAT files in there. If so copy them to you computer then either
1) upload the latest file to a file hosting site, make the page public and post its URL here, or
2) download CsvView from
install it, open it and process the relevant .DAT then left click on "Motor Speeds"

Why switch the phone's wifi off ? Because there is a chance that a log sync with DJI will delete the .DATs, syncing shouldn't be an automated process but ......
If the controller is an RC1B it is unlikely that there will be any DATs, they don't seem to create them.

If you have no DATs fly another low hover in windless conditions to generate another DAT.

Why switch the phone's wifi off ? Because there is a chance that a log sync with DJI will delete the .DATs, syncing shouldn't be an automated process but ......
Since DJI sync is no longer active in the US, is this even a concern any longer?

I was just asking the question since I don't know. I'm not challenging you.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saxo123