DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Frozen river - Elgin, IL

For a moment there I thought the drone must have hit the statue, you have my sympathy living in such a cold place :)
Regards

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Flying while sitting in your car? Do you have any issues with magnetic interference? I guess I would be afraid of lost signal issues?

Nice ending.
Makes you think.
Thanks for sharing.

Flying while sitting in your car? Do you have any issues with magnetic interference? I guess I would be afraid of lost signal issues?
I will answer your question as that’s about all I do . No it won’t.
If you do see your losing signal just raise your controller to the top of
your steering wheel.

Looks like the FOX, I lived in CARY for 20 years and my sister lives in Elgin there. No more frozen river or frozen chain for me :)

That’s exactly it. The Fox. Plenty of amazing shots to be had. Just not when everything is covered with snow. I’m impatiently waiting for warm weather.

I will answer your question as that’s about all I do . No it won’t.
If you do see your losing signal just raise your controller to the top of
your steering wheel.

I concur. I have an antenna extender and the iPad mini holder I use is metal as well. I’ve yet to test the range but I’ve had no issues at all. As you can see from the images below, my antenna is much larger now.

cf2706a3505c7919d216947ebceb85e7.jpg

001042ff19a917ab4b7fc7a364e8e3cb.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum, from Chicago the Windy City.
I love your video, been to the suburbs, always looking for places to fly.
And, in this cold weather, I fly from the car as well. Just have to be careful its not to cold for the battery.
I was flying in below Zero, and battery went from 80% charged to O, in a matter of seconds.
Good thing, I was prepared, and not flying a long distance, just in the back yard, it just landed in the snow softly.

Reactions: EETWiz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR