DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FT Aviator control app now available

Prismatic

Reactions
I just noticed that the control app for the FT Aviator is available in the Apple App Store; it's probably in Google Play, too.

As I'm hoping to have my FT Aviator within days, I of course installed it.
  • With no device to connect to, of course, there's little you can do. It's obvious that the app queries the RC to populate the interface based on the AC's capabilities. You'll learn a lot more about the app watching the (maddeningly insufficient) video on the Fluidity site.
  • The map shows in the lower left corner. I wanted to swap it with the (blank) video filling the main screen. And I wanted to switch the map to a satellite view; where I fly, even detailed roadmaps are useless. I could not find a way to do either. (These tasks are independent of the aircraft, so should be possible even without the controller.)
  • Stymied, I looked around for help. Back at the initial screen, I discover that the hamburger menu in the upper left gives me a link to Fluidity support. I think, "Ah! That's where the documentation is." But what to my wondering eyes appears? 404 Not found OK, it's a small hectic shop. Still, somebody should have stubbed in something on that link, until Support goes live (whenever that is).
Nothing big, unless it turns out the map & video-feed can't be swapped, or there's no satellite view. Those would be major bummers.

Still, if that's the worst, I can live with it; I'm sure the app will get lots of upgrades. I'm like a kid before Christmas; it just can't come soon enough!

Last edited:
Reactions: TSUPD and Smalls
I am waiting for mine to be delivered. Fluidity said shipping would start on June 25. Waiting for them to send shipping notification and tracking number. Looking forward for this type of drone controller.

Reactions: TSUPD
With the Fluidity support site still dark, I’m dubious anything shipped last week.

I am waiting for my tracking number and FT AVIATOR CONTROLLER.
I didn't hear from anyone that received there controller. I don't think they shipped yet??

Reactions: TSUPD
No shipping notice here either. Altho I'm a pre-order, not a Kickstarter purchaser.

I just ordered mine. I'm in Canada.
What's the difference in price between Kickstarter and Pre-Order price?
Also, Playstore shows ARCHOS as the App Developer. Is this the app to download?
Thanks for getting back to me on these questions.

Still no shipping info. Was told I will get it this week. I downloaded the app last week to take a look and it shuts down after 5 seconds. Could this be because there is no controller to connect to?

I just checked and no more Kickstarter pricing (that I could find,) it's "pre-order" now for $449. Guess I'll wait to see how well folks like it.

Still no shipping info. Was told I will get it this week. I downloaded the app last week to take a look and it shuts down after 5 seconds. Could this be because there is no controller to connect to?
Turn on your Bluetooth on your smartphone. The app will work like it should. Take care....

Got mine today. Works as advertised, great control, 5 speeds vs. photo and sport. Bulky with an iPad mini, but usable. Their neckstrap to hold the DJI controller isn't the greatest, but can be modified. I already had a Harbor Freight Apache 3800 case, and fitted it out today.

Not a big learning curve, but coordinated turns are a snap, and my thumbs get a rest.

414255288.jpg

Jake

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian