DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fun ideas for flying

Fire Fox

Reactions
Hi I am new to the forum and a new hobby pilot I only have about 3 hours of flight time with my Mavic Platinum Pro. I learnt most of my flying from messing around with those really cheap quad copters that have no GPS or altitude hold capabilities. I really enjoy taking landscape shots and trying to make mini movies of scenery. I would like to know from others in the forum what type of flying they do that is something to consider and add to my own activities.

Reactions: BigAl07
Welcome to The forum! I have been flying RC stuff for years so I have the flying stuff down the photography and videography, not so much! At first I really struggled finding places to shoot but now I have a big bucket list, I joined some nature groups for my state in Facebook and get some great ideas from there and also use Google maps to scout out areas.

The more I fly the better I get mostly from learning from my previous mistakes so the best thing to do is just get out there and fly! Have fun!

Hi I am new to the forum and a new hobby pilot I only have about 3 hours of flight time with my Mavic Platinum Pro. I learnt most of my flying from messing around with those really cheap quad copters that have no GPS or altitude hold capabilities. I really enjoy taking landscape shots and trying to make mini movies of scenery. I would like to know from others in the forum what type of flying they do that is something to consider and add to my own activities.
Welcome from NC. Think about what things you want to see or explore and like the above user make a "bucket list". The different options in the camera will keep you busy for hours. Panorama, vertical, horizontal, 180, asteroid, rocket, hyperlapse, et cetera. Just around your neighborhood there is a lot to see and visit. I pick a place every weekend to visit that is drone friendly. It's also a great neighborhood watch tool as well. The only problem is getting your wife on board to bring the drone along for all those trips.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake