DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fun places to fly in Southern California?

found it on google maps :)

mavicQ,

How was your flying experience at the San Gabriel Reservoir?.
I am looking for great places to fly..

I sometimes fly around San Gabriel reservoir/mountains. I live in SGV so it's pretty local to me.

Anthony.

BeefStew,

How's the flying experience around San Gabriel reservoir, any restrictions?.
I want to go there Thanksgiving weekend.

BeefStew,

How's the flying experience around San Gabriel reservoir, any restrictions?.
I want to go there Thanksgiving weekend.

No restrictions that were posted. But I just do my best to be discreet. It’s a pretty quiet area... I’ve often gone early in the mornings anyway, when the lighting looks more dramatic.

I fly Dana Point harbor all the time along with the surrounding beaches. Park Rangers have no problem with flying drones in the state park as long as you practice safe flying

Hello fellow So Cal Mavic Pilots,

Just joined today and happy to see pilots in Santa Monica! I've been flying around my backyard (it's pretty small) and ready to expand too. The Mavic is a great aircraft to fly! I've flown a few quadcopters before this by far the best! Ready to really test it out with some fellow pilots.

Hello fellow So Cal Mavic Pilots,

Just joined today and happy to see pilots in Santa Monica! I've been flying around my backyard (it's pretty small) and ready to expand too. The Mavic is a great aircraft to fly! I've flown a few quadcopters before this by far the best! Ready to really test it out with some fellow pilots.

Welcome! Lots of ppl here with great advice and knowledge!
Have fun spreading your wings!

Greetings!

I moved to Mission Viejo about a year ago and just got my MP. Was hoping if some of you guys would be down for a meet up and show me the good spots. ;)

Greetings!

I moved to Mission Viejo about a year ago and just got my MP. Was hoping if some of you guys would be down for a meet up and show me the good spots. ;)

Ha! I grew up in MV. Have you tried any early morning or dusk flying around the lake? Thinking back, it would of been cool to fly that area when they were digging the hole for the lake[emoji12].
I’m leaving for Italy soon but we can meet up in Dana Point after the first of the year. Wintertime is the best flying there.

Ha! I grew up in MV. Have you tried any early morning or dusk flying around the lake? Thinking back, it would of been cool to fly that area when they were digging the hole for the lake[emoji12].
I’m leaving for Italy soon but we can meet up in Dana Point after the first of the year. Wintertime is the best flying there.

I actually have not. I have seen some awesome videos though. Looks like a good spot with a nice view. We could definitely link up sometime. Im actually leaving for the Philippines soon so after the first sounds good!

Reactions: HarleyKen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas