DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Funny 3DR Solo story -commission owed

m0j0

Reactions
Last week I purchased a 2017 Polaris Razr Turbo for my Christmas/50th Birthday. So we are out playing in the mud New Year's Eve and a guy shows up with a brand new CanAm Turbo... Holy crap I can't be top dog for even an hour. Lol.. except yes I can..

After burning through 8 gallons of gas at record pace I return to camp where I meet a family that invites us over to share the fire and have a beer. Pretty awesome by the way.

At any rate I whip out the Mavic and start flying. Nobody is looking at the Razr or the Maverick LOL!

All eyes on the Mavic. I put down the controller and pick up a Coke prior to flying out and leave the Mavic in a hover. Yeah, kinda of showing off... Guy walks up and remarks "that thing is incredibly stable. There is no way I could do that with my SOLO." I start showing him what the Mavic can do and he is awestruck. I fly out to the edge of LOS and take some video. In the ultimate show off move... I hit RTH set the control down in front of me, fix a sandwich (while watching the app and telemetry of course) and let the Mavic return and land with precision landing on a sheet of plywood. I It landed about 3 inches from the takeoff point. 1 hour later he is in line buying a Mavic. Pulled the card threw it in the laptop and showed the footage to the campers. Incredibly sharp, stable video footage.

DJI owes me a comission? I think I sold 4 Mavics in about 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Pete and Dan H
Ha ha ha ! Like a boss!! I always forget to just let it hover as I am so busy trying to get video or pictures. It is great to be able to just let it hover and allow the "action" to be filmed from an interesting aerial perspective.

Im jealous of your RAZR!

Awesome story.....even more so because I also own a Can Am Maverick too!

Awesome story.....even more so because I also own a Can Am Maverick too!

8361693daf29778c6d9019e5208d2766.jpg

My brand new 17 Turbo.. I love it.. CanAm just awesome. They are a little different. Razr stands taller. Maverick lower and wider. Razr and Maverick both Fantastic machines, keeps my 50 year old body of fthe ground.. wife didn't like the sticker price but she is happy that I'm not killing myself on my Rm250 2 Stroke anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: superdave5050
Im jealous of your RAZR!

2.9 percent interest on the Razr.. was the tipping point.. that and I don't have a trailer that can accommodate the CanAm and it's wheelbase which is 70' wide..

8361693daf29778c6d9019e5208d2766.jpg

My brand new 17 Turbo.. I love it.. CanAm just awesome. They are a little different. Razr stands taller. Maverick lower and wider. Razr and Maverick both Fantastic machines, keeps my 50 year old body of fthe ground.. wife didn't like the sticker price but she is happy that I'm not killing myself on my Rm250 2 Stroke anymore.

you know what they say...."With age comes a cage!" ;)

Reactions: FPVJunkie
Man the Mavic and the Razer were made for one another. There is limited space for equipment so having a bird small enough to fit under the seat or in the glove compartment is awesome. Drove on an ATV Trail to the top of a mountain. Holy cow..

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy