DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FW .500 !

Updated through assistant. Had to update the controller too.
Haven't flown yet but upon restart I got the compass error.
Perhaps when I get it outside, it'll clear up. It's raining like crazy now in PA!

EDIT: I like that new exposure compensation feature too!

And does indeed store exact GPS coords in the JPG EXIF tags now with 0.500.
No trouble anywhere in my tests, very stable test flights.

Updated through assistant. Had to update the controller too.
Haven't flown yet but upon restart I got the compass error.
Perhaps when I get it outside, it'll clear up. It's raining like crazy now in PA!

EDIT: I like that new exposure compensation feature too!
I had to reset my compass once after the update. Not since. I am also a great fan of the exposure control. I like to fly in manual exposure mode and the exposure compensation is like changing N.D.filters in flight!!

I had to reset my compass once after the update. Not since. I am also a great fan of the exposure control. I like to fly in manual exposure mode and the exposure compensation is like changing N.D.filters in flight!!

It's actually not really like changing ND filters in flight because the Mavic Air has a fixed aperture, so you are changing either your shutter speed or your ISO mid-flight in order to adjust the exposure, which are precisely the two things you would not want to change - hence why we use ND filters in the first place. Due to the fixed aperture, this feature is of very limited value - it's basically a quicker way to change exposure (which you could do before, just through the app) if you have no other choice and cannot change ND filters. If conditions change while you're flying and there is no way to bring it home and swap ND's, then yes it's a quicker way to adjust exposure (saves you a few taps in the app) but it's far from optimal simply due to how the Mavic Air camera was designed.