DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gainesville, Fl

winger076

Reactions
How about some drone fly areas and clubs or just some folks to fly with in Gainesville

How about some drone fly areas and clubs or just some folks to fly with in Gainesville
Hi winger
I’m in between gville and Ocala I’ve been looking for places to fly also. I’ve been to Paynes Prairie on 441 got some great footage. I’ve also looked into the Seagle building and downtown. I’m willing to meet up sometime if you’re interested. I’ve got a DJI Mavic Air.

Reactions: zeusfl
I know this isn't what this thread was meant for originally but I know there's people coming from Google because of this.

My name is Giri and I run Veuwr Aerials. We're an aerial service provider based out of Gainesville, FL and we can service any aerial need. We serve all industries and provide quality aerial imagery, cinematography, and data. My website is Gainesville Drone Photography, Videography, and Data - Veuwr Aerials

Back on topic, if anyone wants to fly in the area, PM me. I'm always happy to fly for fun and I know some amazing spots.

Well, I just joined up here so if this doesn't come out...............
I am in G'ville. Supposed to be a drone heading my way when the order is released from being on hold for want of a back-ordered camera.....a few days???
I flew the snot out of helis over at Squirrel Ridge Park for years. Didn't hit any squirrels. And the drainage pond next to 34th st south, just north of williston rd.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhilGood301-air
Wel
Well, I just joined up here so if this doesn't come out...............
I am in G'ville. Supposed to be a drone heading my way when the order is released from being on hold for want of a back-ordered camera.....a few days???
I flew the snot out of helis over at Squirrel Ridge Park for years. Didn't hit any squirrels. And the drainage pond next to 34th st south, just north of williston rd.

Hello and welcome to the site.
I’m just outside Gville I haven’t found any clubs around but haven’t searched too much.
Paynes Prairie Is a great open space on 441 there is a nature spot in the middle you can park safely. so I have flown up and down the just off the roadway. Not over cars. Great views
Ok let me know if you want to fly sometime when you’re drone comes.

It just showed up at the end of the storm. (We got 2-1/2 inches in less than an hour). Funny, this thing is called a Storm. This is going to take me awhile. Basically a box of parts. Big confusion right out of the gate - my FC 4 has built in inverter, unlike most/earlier? F4's. Been trying to figure out for 3 days where to connect to Frsky R-XSR s.port. LOTs of info that doesn't seem quite right. I have an info request in to frsky. See what they say.
So what does P.P. think of drone flying? I moved to this town because I love Paynes. (and wanted to go to uf)

It just showed up at the end of the storm. (We got 2-1/2 inches in less than an hour). Funny, this thing is called a Storm. This is going to take me awhile. Basically a box of parts. Big confusion right out of the gate - my FC 4 has built in inverter, unlike most/earlier? F4's. Been trying to figure out for 3 days where to connect to Frsky R-XSR s.port. LOTs of info that doesn't seem quite right. I have an info request in to frsky. See what they say.
So what does P.P. think of drone flying? I moved to this town because I love Paynes. (and wanted to go to uf)
I haven’t seen any Rangers but I launch on highway easement. P. P. Is a State Park not National Park so technically they can’t say anything. The passing cars make plenty of noise so no one should complain about any noise your drone makes.
Good luck putting that model together. Let us know when you’re up and flying

Hello, I’m just south of Williston and fly a Mavic Pro Platinum. I’m an old time R/C Fixed wing and Heli pilot plus hold a Private Pilot Cert. Just getting into the new tech.
Let me know if you head my way and want to meet up and fly.

Anyone finding any fun spots in the Gainesville area to fly? I see mention of flying along 441/Paynes Prarie, but thought you can't fly legally in any Florida State Park. I just got my part 107 license, and have a MA2.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen any Rangers but I launch on highway easement. P. P. Is a State Park not National Park so technically they can’t say anything. The passing cars make plenty of noise so no one should complain about any noise your drone makes.
Good luck putting that model together. Let us know when you’re up and flying
Don’t think you can fly in state parks legally either. ?

I know this isn't what this thread was meant for originally but I know there's people coming from Google because of this.

My name is Giri and I run Veuwr Aerials. We're an aerial service provider based out of Gainesville, FL and we can service any aerial need. We serve all industries and provide quality aerial imagery, cinematography, and data. My website is Gainesville Drone Photography, Videography, and Data - Veuwr Aerials

Back on topic, if anyone wants to fly in the area, PM me. I'm always happy to fly for fun and I know some amazing spots.
This is Alvin green and I'm an avid drone pilot I fly the mavic mini and parrot bebop 2 just getting bored with the spots I've flown know of any great spots hit me up at [email protected] or find me on YouTube @ Alvin Green drone flights

Anyone still interesting in flying here? I’ve been itching to go but not looking forward to the potential aggro from the others pulled off the highway

Anyone still interesting in flying here? I’ve been itching to go but not looking forward to the potential aggro from the others pulled off the highway

Sorry for Necroposting if that's against the rules......

I have taken off from the end of the dock off of 441 a couple times. I would just ask if they are okay with you taking off in their presence. I've only had my drone for about a week, but in my extremely limited experience thus far people tend to be more intrigued than annoyed and I've met some nice folks so far.

Are there any meetups or anything to that affect in the Gainesville area?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803