DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy Tab S6. Anyone flown with it?

Nile Mcmillion

Reactions
Just got my MA2 yesterday. I've flown a Mavic Pro for 3 years with a CrystalSky but had to sell the CS since it's not compatible with DJI Fly. I'm looking at getting the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 but was wondering if anyone has flown with it yet. It looks like it's plenty powerful enough with a great AMOLED display.

I've flown with a Galaxy Tab S6 on a MA2 controller, once. Two things stood out to me. 1) The very bright sunshine was still too bright for the screen, even at full brightness. And 2) the tablet was awkwardly heavy for the controller, which probably all tablets are.

I'm sure that you could get a sun shield to help with the screen, and learn to handle the additional weight of the whole setup.
But for me, since I currently don't NEED/REQUIRE a larger screen for my type of flying, I'll continue to use my S10+. For now.

If you do a quick search there are a number of posts discussing the Tab S6 - they may answer your question

Reactions: DennisK
I've flown with a Galaxy Tab S6 on a MA2 controller, once. Two things stood out to me. 1) The very bright sunshine was still too bright for the screen, even at full brightness. And 2) the tablet was awkwardly heavy for the controller, which probably all tablets are.

I'm sure that you could get a sun shield to help with the screen, and learn to handle the additional weight of the whole setup.
But for me, since I currently don't NEED/REQUIRE a larger screen for my type of flying, I'll continue to use my S10+. For now.

I use a Galaxy Tab S4 10.5 and really like it. I have big hands so the extra weight really isn't that noticeable.

Just got my MA2 yesterday. I've flown a Mavic Pro for 3 years with a CrystalSky but had to sell the CS since it's not compatible with DJI Fly. I'm looking at getting the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 but was wondering if anyone has flown with it yet. It looks like it's plenty powerful enough with a great AMOLED display.

Yes, I have flown with it and it works very well on my Tab S 6 - Best of luck!

How do you guys say you used a Samsung tab s 6 an everything was good? Cuz for three days now I’ve been trying to just the DJI fly app to even be found it doesn’t show up. I have the mavic air 2 an the mavic pro platinum an the other DJI app shows up but not the fly app. So I don’t know how you say oh I used it an everything went well. Well what you do to even get it on the tablet is the real question

(I'm the OP)

I downloaded the Fly app from the google play store on my Tab S6. Not sure why you're having trouble, maybe completely shut the tablet down and restart it?

How do you guys say you used a Samsung tab s 6 an everything was good? Cuz for three days now I’ve been trying to just the DJI fly app to even be found it doesn’t show up. I have the mavic air 2 an the mavic pro platinum an the other DJI app shows up but not the fly app. So I don’t know how you say oh I used it an everything went well. Well what you do to even get it on the tablet is the real question
When I can't find a specific apk on Google Play, I use the Apk Mirror site - go to this link - it will take you to a page with all of the different DJI software including DJI Fly. Download it - move it to your SD Card on your S6 and then just install it. Should work fine. (I did not have trouble finding DJI FLY when I first installed it on my OLD S6. I am using an S7 now and didn't have a problem there either. Regardless - the link to APK Mirror should help. Good Luck!

Apk Mirror Link

BTW thanks for the recommendation @Geekser ! I bought one after your good comments on it.

My thoughts for others looking at the Tab S6:

My Tab S6 has been working awesome for over a year now and I definitely recommend it to others. I started flying a Matrice 600 for Oil and Gas inspections a few months ago and the Tab S6 hasn't skipped a beat. I'm able to get about 20, 16 minute flights in a row with the DJI Go app before it drops below 30% battery. I have found though that it will use power faster than DJI controllers can recharge it so don't expect to only have to charge the DJI controller at the end of the day. You can switch off charging though in the tablet's settings menu to help the controller last longer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman