DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GAMBLE COVER

Andart

Reactions
Let's have a thread because this comes up on other unrelated threads .
My opinion is deafently you can fly with it on , and I would recommend flying with it unless you was going to film .
DJI have videos that show mavic flying with it on and would not do this as if there was a problem people would be able to claim .
Also there is zero argument for the black cover , it's only use is to prevent scratches and the only problems scratches would be is to make flying awkward .
If it was meant to be removed it could just be black and save money .
Also know where in instructions dose it say remove .
Air can enter below it and through it .
The heatsink is designed to get hot and disperse with air flow .
All this is for and the only argument for taking it off is from a YouTube video .
Now personally t think I would take it off because it could interfere with a great photo opportunity.
Maybe if I was just practising a route and wanted to fly close to objects I would keep it on for safety and then refly route with it off .
The gamble is obviously a weak point in any crash .
So to sum up I would take it off but in know way do I beleive that you can't fly with it on

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

So to sum up I would take it off but in know way do I beleive that you can't fly with it on
I agree. Only thing I would add is, it will provide little protection if you have a decent high energy crash.

Let's have a thread because this comes up on other unrelated threads .
My opinion is deafently you can fly with it on , and I would recommend flying with it unless you was going to film .
DJI have videos that show mavic flying with it on and would not do this as if there was a problem people would be able to claim .
Also there is zero argument for the black cover , it's only use is to prevent scratches and the only problems scratches would be is to make flying awkward .
If it was meant to be removed it could just be black and save money .
Also know where in instructions dose it say remove .
Air can enter below it and through it .
The heatsink is designed to get hot and disperse with air flow .
All this is for and the only argument for taking it off is from a YouTube video .
Now personally t think I would take it off because it could interfere with a great photo opportunity.
Maybe if I was just practising a route and wanted to fly close to objects I would keep it on for safety and then refly route with it off .
The gamble is obviously a weak point in any crash .

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

I emailed DJI Support and they replied that it is Recommended to fly with The Gimbal Cover on, to protect the camera from mist, dust, sand, grass, and to protect the camera from hard uneven ground landings, etc. They said nothing about my question on Air Vents and Cooling the Mavic's guts...However, there are sun flares on the bubble if you fly near the sun, but don't shoot video/photo if you don't want that, it is removable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e