DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

general thoughts - buying/selling used drones - worth it?

308Shooter

Reactions
Hello all,
Just curious to everyone's thoughts on this.....

I have 3 drones I'm considering selling.
- DJI Spark Fly more combo- purchased Nov. '17 - one hard landing, flat on sandy surface due to trying to hand catch and stupidly allowing my thumb to get in the way..... OUCH!! Looks new and still have original packaging
- DJI MAVIC PRO Fly more Combo - Purchased June '18 - Only a hand full (literally - maybe 5) test flights for connection issues. NO hard landings.... everything looks new and still have original packaging
Yunecc Q500 4k fly more combo - Hard case, needs extra batteries as all but 1 battery went bad, back pack for carrying/hiking.... One very small, soft crash, but not even a scratch as I was flying close the ground (my yard) and it clipped the landing gear and flipped. Have flown afterwards with no problems.

I've seen a lot of posts about people not willing to buy used drones due to trust/honesty issues.

Would it be worth the time listing the for sale or would most people not even consider?

Thoughts?????

I buy and sell drones all the time on eBay. Key is good actual pictures, screen shots showing # of charges on battery and amount of flight time on the bird. Don't use any stock photos. I often do pretty well on these even after eBay takes their 10% off the top.

Last edited:
I bought a used drone...saved a ton and got a machine that was as good as new....as far I can tell.

Hello all,

- DJI Spark Fly more combo- purchased Nov. '17 - one hard landing, flat on sandy surface due to trying to hand catch and stupidly allowing my thumb to get in the way..... OUCH!! Looks new and still have original packaging
- DJI MAVIC PRO Fly more Combo - Purchased June '18 - Only a hand full (literally - maybe 5) test flights for connection issues. NO hard landings.... everything looks new and still have original packaging
Yunecc Q500 4k fly more combo - Hard case, needs extra batteries as all but 1 battery went bad, back pack for carrying/hiking.... One very small, soft crash, but not even a scratch as I was flying close the ground (my yard) and it clipped the landing gear and flipped. Have flown afterwards with no problems.

I've seen a lot of posts about people not willing to buy used drones due to trust/honesty issues.

Would it be worth the time listing the for sale or would most people not even consider?

Thoughts?????

trust/honesty issues, buzzwords from people who have had an issue with a seller,

Ive bought/repaired and then sold over a dozen quads on ebay and on the private market and never had an issue, in fact my Mavic and my P3A were second hand quads

Yes there are issues with some dishonest sellers so as long as you make the effort to show the quad working before selling then there shouldnt be an issue with selling it/them

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
Hello all,

Thoughts?????
I might be interested a couple of those.

I’m trying to unload almost brand new phantom 3 standard to no avail.

But I am keeping spark. The way it sits in that charging dock...Too cute to be shipped out.

I've bought used DJI drones and have sold some of my drones successfully. For me I only do face-to-face transactions either way. I want to make sure what I buy works and I want to show the buyer everything is in working order...

"buying/selling used drones - worth it?"

You know what? thats a good question. And as one would expect, there are many opinions. I would suppose peoples opinions will be biased by either good or bad experiences when they bought any used drones.
Certain categories of things like personal computers, Ipads, phones, expensive Drones etc. I tend to lean toward brand new only. unless I get to test the used item personally, and it is dirt cheap. That is just me.
Other less complicated / personal property I have no hesitation to buy if its a good deal.
There is no perfect answer to this question other that to go with your gut, and try to implement a "way out" if a deal goes bad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes