DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Geo Map...How Accurate?

Doofus

Reactions
Newbie here...

I discovered the Geo Map on the DJI site showing where one shouldn't fly but wonder how accurate it is.

It shows that it's OK to fly over National Parks and even that there's no restrictions flying down Yosemite Valley if I wanted to....which I'm sure is probably a no-no and too good to be true.

Just how accurate is it?

And if it's not, isn't there somewhere else on the web where I can find accurate no-fly maps?

Thanks!

Newbie here...

I discovered the Geo Map on the DJI site showing where one shouldn't fly but wonder how accurate it is.

It shows that it's OK to fly over National Parks and even that there's no restrictions flying down Yosemite Valley if I wanted to....which I'm sure is probably a no-no and too good to be true.

Just how accurate is it?

And if it's not, isn't there somewhere else on the web where I can find accurate no-fly maps?

Thanks!
Howdy from Wyoming Doofus, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. You will receive many opinions on this, there are other apps out there with up to date flight maps. My understanding is you may fly over National Parks, however you may not take off or land in one.

Hey Dufus, the NFZ stuff is more around aircraft for safety reasons so mostly air strips or heli landing pads (like hospitals etc). The national parks don't come under that category, that's a local law. So although it may tell you it's ok to fly you still need to be aware of local regulations.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Howdy from Wyoming Doofus, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. You will receive many opinions on this, there are other apps out there with up to date flight maps. My understanding is you may fly over National Parks, however you may not take off or land in one.

Thanks! Sounds like a definite maybe about where you can and can't fly.

I can imagine that the worst you'll get from a Ranger is a warning to pack it up assuming you're caught in the first place. :)

Newbie here...

Just how accurate is it?

Thanks!
am having a issue with the dji geo unlocking web site. When I try to select a zone to unlock I am unable to place a check mark in the selection box. It does not work on my iPhone, iPad or Mac book and of course there is no help available on the weekend and the chat is also down. So much for premium support.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121