DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GEO Zone Maps

smacbeth

Reactions
While plotting future waypoint missions for my Mini 2, I saw that AirMap has inadvertently been shut down deferring users to DroneUp / Aloft.

In my due diligence, I discovered that AirMap, B4uFly and DroneUp/Aloft do not identify the Westerly / Watch Hill areas of Rhode Island having restricted airspace (while the DJI Fly Safe GEO Zone Map in fact does) despite two existing 4000 foot air strips at the Westerly State Airport — a FAA managed/supported facility with a non precision instrument, landing system.

The DJI Fly app shows restricted (and altitude) zone limits for this area.

If AirMap, B4uFly and DroneUp do not provide drone operators the option to request (unlock) permission to fly in this space, are we within legal limits to fly in the restricted zones noted by Fly Safe without appeal?

The conflicting maps present a conundrum.

SEM

On Sun, Mar 5, 2023 at 7:05 AM MavicPilots.com <[email protected]> wrote:

I wouldn't fly there based on a technicality like 'oh, it didn't show up in this app'. And the maps found through cporter's link look good.

There's no conundrum whatsoever. Don't confuse DJI Geozones with what is allowable and not by the FAA. Just check the FAA maps. That's the answer. If it's in an area that the FAA says is legal but it's been restricted by DJI, simply do a custom unlock with DJI. It's a freaking hassle and there's tons of areas that DJI has improperly limited flight in. Happens all the time. That's why I have my drone unlocked with Drone-Hacks and why my next drone will be an Autel. None of that Geozones nonsense

Reactions: waynorth and vtcats

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada