DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Georgia man accused of shooting, damaging workers' $15K drone

You can probably build a Matrice up to that... Just hang a $5k FF Mirrorless Camera underneath. Not sure about the dual battery redundancy though.

Outside of DJI... I've seen drones with insane zooms... That cost over $200k
$200K? I would like to see one of those. I'll bet the capabilities are crazy.

Just one more opinion here which may not be popular. It is NOT okay to shoot at a drone. It should be taken seriously by the authorities and penalties should apply. But not the same as a manned aircraft. There is quite a difference between damage to personal property and attempts to physically harm a person. Isn't there?
In this case it was damage to property. However, what if the operator had lost control of the drone and it crashed into a group of people?

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Maybe the home owner had something to hide

Wow, that guy is a people hater. Didn’t stop with shooting the drone, went after the workers too. Sure the neighborhood would like to see him Gone. Been through similar in my neighborhood, didn’t end until the abuser went to jail. In the US, the crazies have the law on there side until things go very bad and someone suffers. Until then, you’re on your own.

Hope everyone gets what they deserve. Jail and peace ✌
You think the law is on their side? Check out UK ,Europe and Australia. Not quite exaggerating when I say if someone does you wrong and they complain you looked like you were gonna call them out on it, you can get in trouble.

Yes VERY much so. This is also why when a UAS Shooting is reported to the FAA (and they are DEFINTELY reported to the FAA the vast majority of the times) the FAA will investigate and if it has sufficient need it will get turned over to the DOJ. From there they will take over the investigation and determine how to proceed (If proceed). Most of the time the conclusion is more of along the lines of, "This is a good time for education" rather than strict fines/penalties. Keep in mind in the BIG picture a back woods goofball shooting a consumer/ProSumer UAS down isn't very high on the DOJ's list of issues to handle.
Hhhmmmm, he shot at the ppl too,the drone landed and then the truck was peppered with shot. A bit more trouble than the drone.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Maybe the home owner had something to hide

Looks like he methed messed up. :rolleyes:

This Georgia man (me) has had his drone shot at. I was well beyond the range of his shotgun so it was almost comical. I called the sheriff (a friend) and told him and he had a talk with the guy. Said he‘d been called out to that house regularly for gun-related issues. I didn’t press the issue or report to the local US Atty (who is also a friend) but thought about it. I didn’t have it on video and didn’t want to have to testify in court. I think the sheriff resolved the issue well enough.

In this case it was damage to property. However, what if the operator had lost control of the drone and it crashed into a group of people?
That could play out differently. But that is not what happened in this case. How many 'what if' scenarios outside of what actually took place do you want to discuss here?

How many 'what if' scenarios outside of what actually took place do you want to discuss here?

Ill get the ball rolling, I would personally like to discuss what if the damaged drone hit one of the power or data lines. The spinning props could easily break through the shielding because the squirrels in the area have been chewing on them. These Uber-Squirrels have become like adorable furry little Stihl TS 440 CutQuik saws due to the massive amount of methamphetamines' that have leaked into their food source due to previous meth labs in the area. To keep this on subject and away from speculation I won't even go into their flight abilities when those toothy tiny tweekers tails turbo twitch to take off!! With that all possibly happening what if the final few rotations of the props and exact voltage from the damaged battery sent a repeating signal over the power/data lines to a remote location awaiting that EXACT signal. I could easily see that being the location of the server that is sending out the message to my (and Im sure MANY others) home routers. The signal changed almost at the exact moment this drone hit the wires!! I have yet to break their encryption but I have set up audio & video surveillance on the blender when it wasn't looking. What if the shooter had his orders and is one of "them"?

• Haha
Reactions: Thomas B
Lol, but I think it has more to do with mental illness than anti-drone
Anyone who is anti-drone almost always has a screw loose, at minimum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots