DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gesture with no remote

Sky1

Reactions
I am trying to do the gesture mode for some quick photos without using the remote. I thought I just turn the unit on, wait a few minutes then press the button on the back twice. That is not working for me. I have to enable gesture from the remote to get it to work. Am I missing something? I just press it twice correct?

Did you ever figure this out? I just got the MA today and I've been trying to use it without any remote (no phone or remote).

I'm getting nowhere with it.

It should work if you hear the acknowledgment after the double tap on the back button. Then you'll see the camera moving up and down looking for your palm. Once it's found it it will blink in green and start revving up and taking off. I've found that it was not a good idea to connect the app as it seems to confuse the software and you'll be hit by the 100 meter limitation if you use it for tracking.

BTW it's called SmartCapture on the Air, Gesture is for the Mavic and the Spark ;-)

Reactions: crabu2
It should work if you hear the acknowledgment after the double tap on the back button. Then you'll see the camera moving up and down looking for your palm. Once it's found it it will blink in green and start revving up and taking off. I've found that it was not a good idea to connect the app as it seems to confuse the software and you'll be hit by the 100 meter limitation if you use it for tracking.

BTW it's called SmartCapture on the Air, Gesture is for the Mavic and the Spark ;-)

Well, here's something odd... It works, but only when I'm inside. I try it outside, and nothing.. I try it inside, it works like a charm.. WTH is going on?

Maybe the lighting? Does the camera have a clear view of your palm?

So I just couldn't get it to take off this morning with SmartCapture only...I fired up the mobile app, noticed it was indeed in SmartCapture mode and got it to take off with my palm. I then closed the mobile app not to be stuck with the 100 meter distance limit and then all was good. Not sure what the problem was, maybe some kind of restricted area since the app asked me to check a box when I launched it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griggmi