DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! I lost my drone remote and can’t pair to new remote

sculptingwithtime

Reactions
Hi, Feeling pretty desperate and deflated. I’m on a Destination wedding shoot and I left my drone remote on top of my car last night and drove off. Didn’t realize till I got to hotel room. At least I didn’t lose the footage and the drone I told myself. I picked up a DJI RC off of marketplace and the remote won’t pair with the drone.

-Did factory reset on RC
-signed in
- updated to newest firmware for RC
-Used DJI Assistant 2 (for consumer drones)on macbook and Downloaded newest firmware for drone.
-can’t seem to factory reset drone without remote. There is no button on aircraft correct?

Am I missing anything?

Sorry for your loss, probably should make sure you don't have DJI RC2.

I left something on top of my car years ago and now my routine includes, no exceptions: start the car, get out (yeah, it's painful) and walk around 360 degrees, get back inside; drive away.

• Haha
Reactions: GadgetGuy
why do you want to factory reset the drone? If you got a new RC, just pair it up again with the drone doing the pairing process.

Reactions: Cafguy
I left something on top of my car years ago and now my routine includes, no exceptions: start the car, get out (yeah, it's painful) and walk around 360 degrees, get back inside; drive away.
That's even better than the old Compass Dance!

Truth be told, I once left my wallet on top of my car, and drove away after snorkeling! It was at dusk, and as luck would have it, when I drove back half an hour later, I found it still lying on the ground, less than 20 feet from where I had been parked! During the day, it would have disappeared in two minutes!

If it’s a used remote, previous owner needs to unbind from previous drone. So I’ve heard.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB