DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Get your FAA questions answered here

jaysrmc

Reactions
I am getting ready to submit round two of questions for the FAA. Please ask here by replying to my original message. I will get them out in an email to my contact there and get them answered. Please be polite because I do not edit the questions or comments. Please, if you have questions ask. We will get them answered and it won't be some random dude on the internet.

Do you have a link the the first round of questions/answers so there aren't repeats?

I am getting ready to submit round two of questions for the FAA. Please ask here by replying to my original message. I will get them out in an email to my contact there and get them answered. Please be polite because I do not edit the questions or comments. Please, if you have questions ask. We will get them answered and it won't be some random dude on the internet.
I just posted my question to your original thread but I may have misunderstood your direction to "ask here" and "reply to my original message". If I should have posted here I can copy/paste from your original thread to here. Thanks for doing this.

I just posted my question to your original thread but I may have misunderstood your direction to "ask here" and "reply to my original message". If I should have posted here I can copy/paste from your original thread to here. Thanks for doing this.
Sure bud, post it here, I will watch this thread and submit Friday. I know more people have questions and I am trying to build a relationship with members of this forum and the FAA but it seems no one has any questions.

Well, I have another one but not sure how to phrase it. When calling an airport for notification it seems that the act of trying to get to the right person to talk to takes you down a rabbit hole of numbers and people to call. Is there a standardized route to ask for (department, title name, etc.) when calling an airport to get to the right person to notify of your flight and is it necessary to get something in writing from them (email) or maybe a name and title that you have properly notified? Some clarification on this would be helpful and maybe airports vary their procedures from one airport to another?

Reactions: Danr-62
Well, I have another one but not sure how to phrase it. When calling an airport for notification it seems that the act of trying to get to the right person to talk to takes you down a rabbit hole of numbers and people to call. Is there a standardized route to ask for (department, title name, etc.) when calling an airport to get to the right person to notify of your flight and is it necessary to get something in writing from them (email) or maybe a name and title that you have properly notified? Some clarification on this would be helpful and maybe airports vary their procedures from one airport to another?

Here are the questions so far that have been responded to.

Question 1 by ddbyantis
Is a pilot flying for recreational activities, protected by the FAA, from local authorities who are interfering with the flight?

Question 2 by ac0j
What constitutes a "commercial" flight.
Can a 336 GIVE video to a municipality for use on that municipalities own website? or school, NO payment involved.
Can a 336 post video to his own monetized youtube channel?
What about NOT monetized? Facebook, and so on?

Question 3 by Texasgrape
1 Under special rule for model aircraft can you fly at night w/required lighting? No rule in FAA regs or in AMA (national community-based safety guidelines) states that you can't--AMA actually states you can fly at night w/required lighting (and of course line-of-sight etc)--

2 Part 107 states you must have required lighting to fly during twilight (only)--is this correct that a hobby flyer can fly at night yet a Part 107 licensed pilot can't? Seems backwards-

Question 4 by Negggy
why is there such inconsistency in 107.29 waivers. One application will have one flaw, correct it and re-submit and then 5 others show up that were not previously flagged. The whole waiver process is arbitrary and capricious IMHO

Statement 5 by Todd Copeland tcope in regards to getting some questions answered for the community. I apologize for his attitude.

Without knowing this FAA person's title and/or standing within the FAA, I suspect a lot of pointless and incorrect answers will be given. This will only make matters worse.
the important part of interacting with the FAA is known the regs backward and forward in order to call out the BS information. As mentioned above, without this, interaction is about pointless.

I will add this to the email. I get what you are saying and lets see if we can get an answer.

Sure bud, post it here, I will watch this thread and submit Friday. I know more people have questions and I am trying to build a relationship with members of this forum and the FAA but it seems no one has any questions.
I just wish you would post the questions and their answers here rather us having to go somewhere else or watch a video to get the answers.

Reactions: Danr-62
You could go to the FAA website and read till you find them..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC