DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting a 4th battery and store it inside the drone

hugomez

Reactions
Hi,

I am planning to use my Mini for recordings while travelling. Sometimes I don't have handy a power supply to charge batteries, so I am thinking of buying a 4th one besides the 3 that are coming with the combo.

It is ok keeping always one of the batteries inside the drone while it is in the case?

Greets

It should be ok as it is a lithium battery, not lithium polymer as used other mavic range. Our mobile phones, cameras etc used lithium batteries and they dont cause any harm. The only problem with lipoly is you have to charge them to storage mode before storing. I fly model helicopters and dont leave any lipoly on any of my models.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gindra
It should be ok as it is a lithium battery, not lithium polymer as used other mavic range. Our mobile phones, cameras etc used lithium batteries and they dont cause any harm. The only problem with lipoly is you have to charge them to storage mode before storing. I fly model helicopters and dont leave any lipoly on any of my models.

If I understood correctly, my new Mavic Mini has Lithium polymer batteries, so that is "not good" because it can cause some harm to the drone.
You mention that lipoly batteries have to be specially charge to storage. How can I do that with the standard 3 slots battery changer?
So, buying a 4th battery and keeping one inside the drone is not good idea. Right?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
If I understood correctly, my new Mavic Mini has Lithium polymer batteries, so that is "not good" because it can cause some harm to the drone.
You mention that lipoly batteries have to be specially charge to storage. How can I do that with the standard 3 slots battery changer?
So, buying a 4th battery and keeping one inside the drone is not good idea. Right?
Thanks in advance
No, it is a lithium ion not lithium polymer..

Last edited:
If I understood correctly, my new Mavic Mini has Lithium polymer batteries, so that is "not good" because they can use some harm to the drone.
Thanks in advance
the MM batteries are in fact Li-ion 2S and are quite safe to be left in the drone, they should be stored in the same way as the lipos in other DJI drones as for charging you get 2 charging leads with the combo and the 18w USB charger you can use that one in combination with the hub ,and at the same time use the second lead to charge the 4th battery in the drone from a standard USB charger

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for the clarification, now I have read again your reply and see you said "It should be ok as it is lithium battery"

I will buy the 4th battery and always keep one at the drone while it is in the case :)

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hidnflagn