DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting Back In

rick209

Reactions
Mavic Pro 2 and Smart Controller and the Very Large White FPV Headset/Goggles
Have not flown for about 2-3 years and wanted to fly some before RID rules. Batteries seems good and charge up. What should I do about updates (still supported?). What to know about in today's drone world?
Thank you for any feedback

Last edited:
I just flew as coupl'a weeks ago after a long time of not flying and all I needed to do was charge batteries and remember the basic flight checks. Put'er a few feet in the air and make sure she still danced. Went up high and far away until that felt comfortable again. No new rules, s'far as I know.

Chris

Use the DJI assistant and update to the latest firmware and charge up the batteries Also you can always slap an RID module on it and fly it after RID rules apply.

What firmware are/were you on? If it is/was 1.00.0670 leave it alone. .0770 and .0790 changes the anti-rollback from 1 to 2. This means if your firmware causes problems, you can't downgrade or even factory reset for a clean bird. In my own case .0770/.0790 also had other side effects and I seriously regretted updating to these firmwares. Neither of them offer anything beneficial to the pilot.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Mavic Pro 2 and Smart Controller and the Very Large White FPV Headset/Goggles
Have not flown for about 2-3 years and wanted to fly some before RID rules. Batteries seems good and charge up. What should I do about updates (still supported?). What to know about in today's drone world?
Thank you for any feedback
If you want a laregr screen to see what your camera is showing you and be super bright in mid day sun, take a look at the Feel World monitors 7 or 10 inch plus. They plug right into your HDMI port on the Smart Controller. Low cost and light weight and are 2,200NITS of brightness. Your SC is about 1,000NITS, as a comparison and the iphone screen is about 500NITS.

I also haven't flown in awhile, as most of the lands in my area are parklands that are NFZ. I see that AIRMAP is DOA. What's a good replacement for planning legal flights in advance?

Also looks like DJI Care Refresh is NA for Mavic 2 Pro. Any alternatives? I do have homeowner insurance, but the deductible would probably kill any replacement funding.

So as per posts above, it seems like no major changes for rec flying until the RID rules kick in?

Will RID apply to older birds like mine? If so will the M2P require a hardware mod?

Thanks Pals

I also haven't flown in awhile, as most of the lands in my area are parklands that are NFZ. I see that AIRMAP is DOA. What's a good replacement for planning legal flights in advance? ....
If you haven't answered this question already, take a look at an app called B4UFLY to see if it will provide the info you need.

Reactions: Citizen Flier
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1