DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting Mavic 2Pro after having original Mavic 1 since 2018

kakao

Reactions
I'm quote happy with my M1 which I bought new in Jan 2018.

I don't fly every day but I really enjoy flying now & then.

Would M2 Pro give me much better performance then my M1 ?

Is M2 that better in video/photo department and also flying performance?

I can see that M2 Pro is not that expensive (second hand) and I was thinking of pulling a trigger.

Your thoughts please !

I love the Mavic 1 for flying ability and handling . For some reason, If I want to have fun with a camera drone I reach for a Mavic 1.
As far as the camera and especially the Gimble, you are getting a better drone I think. As far as Fun to fly meh, IMO

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
One drawback is that you won’t be able to buy OEM batteries for the Mavic 2’s including the pro, DJI stopped making those. Other than that you can use generic batteries but better than that you can use Litchi and other control programs with it, unheard of with the new DJI drones. I’m considering getting a Avanta but because of the control limitation DJI has by not releasing a SDK for it I might just stick with my M2P- it takes really good photos and videos.

Reactions: Cafguy

I can see that M2 Pro is not that expensive (second hand) and I was thinking of pulling a trigger.

Your thoughts please !
I don't think the M2 would be that much better. It still has the battery problem. I would recommend the mavic 3 classic or mavic mini 2, or some newer drone.

Your thoughts please !
I did what you are considering. I got my MPP in 2018, and later added the M2P. You will love the flight power, stability and camera capabilities of the M2P. It’s my go-to drone for video production using the HLG transfer function.
There is a future firmware update that will make it RID compliant.
You can buy batteries for the M2P from DJI, I just checked a minute ago. $149.
Buy the M2P.

One drawback is that you won’t be able to buy OEM batteries for the Mavic 2’s including the pro, DJI stopped making those.
I tell Everyone now DO NOT Throw away your batteries. There are persons that will take your discontinued battery and rebuild it for you BUT you gotta supply the case sometimes.

I tell Everyone now DO NOT Throw away your batteries. There are persons that will take your discontinued battery and rebuild it for you BUT you gotta supply the case sometimes.
Yup, I’m set up to do it and have the hardware and DJI battery killer, but my original set are still good for now.

If you catch it in time before the batteries completely go dead and the BMC board gets switched off, one can replace the cells if they supply a 7.4 voltage source to the board prior to swapping the cells. There are instructions on how on YouTube. This is not a beginner project! One must know what they are doing and be an expert at conducting electronics work.

I did what you are considering. I got my MPP in 2018, and later added the M2P. You will love the flight power, stability and camera capabilities of the M2P. It’s my go-to drone for video production using the HLG transfer function.
Buy the M2P.
Wait - they have M2P batteries? Seriously?

Last edited:
Buy the M2P.
Ah man, those are M2 batteries, not compatible with the M2 Pro :(

Luckily I still can fly it- I bought 6 OEM batteries since my M2P was new and they are still doing well- I’m not a heavy user.

I love my M2P. If you can get one for a good price, it's worth buying. If you can afford the Mavic 3 I'd go with that one

So, M2 and M2 Pro use different batteries ?!
No. Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 Pro use the same batteries - it's exactly the same airframe with a different camera & gimbal assembly. You can also use Mavic 2 enterprise batteries, but they are more expensive due to a self-heating function. If you want to find new batteries: scout the camera shops for the Mavic 2 flymore kit, which contains 2 boxed OEM batteries.

Your thoughts please !
I recently bought the M@ Pro with a smart controller used. It performs well. I bought new DJI batteries from the DJI website about a month ago. I love the camera. For the money it's a good choice. My other drone is an Air2S there is negligible difference between the 2 except for camera and software. Flight is similar, but the smaller frame of the Air2S is easier to manage in the same conditions with a few more features, but you give up aperture control on the Air2S. There is no perfect drone. They have made it that with every different DJI drone you give up something. On the 3 level drones you give up third party processing for new features.

Your thoughts please !
i,m about like you are with the m1 and restriction wise it will stay with me but have been flying a few m2,s and there pretty cool i enjoy the zoom aspect alot and the pro is difenitly a upgrade as far as film and picture ,and i like them alot better now that m3 has came out and m2 is more afortable for me

Thank you for your answer, what RID stands for and is that applicable in Australia, would you know ?!?
Oops, sorry. Ignore the RID thing. It’s a US flight regulation for Remote Identification. You are not subject to it in Australia.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1