DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Advanced Settings

jackcosta

Reactions
Hello all!
I am brand new at this forum as well as flying.
Gimbal Advanced settings. Can you help me understanding:
-Gimbal pitch speed
-Enable upwards gimbal tilt limit to 30 degrees
-Gimbal pitch smoothness
-Enable synchronized gimbal pan follow

Thanks a lot!!

Reactions: badgenes
These settings are to slow down or dampen the gimbal response to the controls.
Sometimes, the gimbal speed can show up as jerky and quick. These settings can be adjusted to give a more cinematic quality to your video's.
I have never checked the 'Enable Syncronised Gimble Pan Follow, but I assume it allows the drone to follow the path of the gimbal, or vice versa.

Reactions: jackcosta
These settings are to slow down or dampen the gimbal response to the controls.
Sometimes, the gimbal speed can show up as jerky and quick. These settings can be adjusted to give a more cinematic quality to your video's.
I have never checked the 'Enable Syncronised Gimble Pan Follow, but I assume it allows the drone to follow the path of the gimbal, or vice versa.

Thank you! I need to continue checking out. A lot to learn!!

Reactions: Jake 61
Thank you! I need to continue checking out. A lot to learn!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Check out this link, it will give you a start point. You may want to use your own settings once you get more used to it.
Hope this helps. There are loads of tips on You Tube for setting up your drone...Thumbswayup

Reactions: jackcosta
Hello all!
I am brand new at this forum as well as flying.
Gimbal Advanced settings. Can you help me understanding:
-Gimbal pitch speed
-Enable upwards gimbal tilt limit to 30 degrees
-Gimbal pitch smoothness
-Enable synchronized gimbal pan follow

Thanks a lot!!
There are some really educational videos on Youtube which explain these setting to you, but I'll give you a quick summary (subject to correction by others, of course).

Gimbal Pitch Speed-"Pitch" is the upward/downward movement of a camera or air vehicle. From the factory, the gimbal basically snaps from position to position very quickly. This can be very distracting to someone watching the video. Pitch speed slows it down for a more cinematographic look.

-Enable Upward Gimbal Tilt Limit to 30 Degrees-From the factory, the gimbal upward pitch/tilt is limited to horizontal in the upward direction, but can look down or to the side quite easily. This is generally to prevent the props from appearing in the video and pictures. If that doesn't bother you, and you need that upward tilt for some reason, this allows the gimbal to tilt upward from horizontal up to 30 degrees.

-Gimbal Pitch Smoothness. Like item one, this is to give your videos a more cinematographic look. The first item controls the speed from point A to point B. This setting makes the gimbal move in a more dreamlike way. As the gimbal starts to move from point A, it speeds up, then slows down before stopping at point B. Think of it in terms of how you'd use a video camera. You generally wouldn't snap the camera from point to point, but instead make the movement more smooth. That's what this does.

-Enable synchronized gimbal pan follow. This is a setting that within reason, keeps the subject you've chosen to follow centered in the frame of the video, no matter how the body of the drone moves. It is sychronized with the yaw of the aircraft (yaw is the movement of the nose from side to side). So, imagine you are following someone on a bicycle from behind, and you want to maneuver to see them from the side. As you move the drone to do that, the gimbal will stay locked on to the person by yawing the camera as you maneuver. It takes some of the load off the operator. Imagine trying to keep the camera on the subject as you maneuver over to the side. This does it automatically. This setting is, by default "ON" from the factory. Pretty slick, huh?

There are some really educational videos on Youtube which explain these setting to you, but I'll give you a quick summary (subject to correction by others, of course).

Gimbal Pitch Speed-"Pitch" is the upward/downward movement of a camera or air vehicle. From the factory, the gimbal basically snaps from position to position very quickly. This can be very distracting to someone watching the video. Pitch speed slows it down for a more cinematographic look.

-Enable Upward Gimbal Tilt Limit to 30 Degrees-From the factory, the gimbal upward pitch/tilt is limited to horizontal in the upward direction, but can look down or to the side quite easily. This is generally to prevent the props from appearing in the video and pictures. If that doesn't bother you, and you need that upward tilt for some reason, this allows the gimbal to tilt upward from horizontal up to 30 degrees.

-Gimbal Pitch Smoothness. Like item one, this is to give your videos a more cinematographic look. The first item controls the speed from point A to point B. This setting makes the gimbal move in a more dreamlike way. As the gimbal starts to move from point A, it speeds up, then slows down before stopping at point B. Think of it in terms of how you'd use a video camera. You generally wouldn't snap the camera from point to point, but instead make the movement more smooth. That's what this does.

-Enable synchronized gimbal pan follow. This is a setting that within reason, keeps the subject you've chosen to follow centered in the frame of the video, no matter how the body of the drone moves. It is sychronized with the yaw of the aircraft (yaw is the movement of the nose from side to side). So, imagine you are following someone on a bicycle from behind, and you want to maneuver to see them from the side. As you move the drone to do that, the gimbal will stay locked on to the person by yawing the camera as you maneuver. It takes some of the load off the operator. Imagine trying to keep the camera on the subject as you maneuver over to the side. This does it automatically. This setting is, by default "ON" from the factory. Pretty slick, huh?

Tks!! Great lesson!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll