DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Angle

realvue

Reactions
So… let me see if I can describe this properly. I’m not braining so good today.

DJI drones have the ability to manually adjust the gimbal VERTICALLY, e.g. up and down. But do they have the ability to adjust HORIZONTALLY, so it makes it appear that the drone is flying at an angle, that the aircraft roll is not 0 degrees?

Specifically the Mavic Pro 2.

Hopefully this question makes sense to someone. I have some cool forested ridges that I am going to shoot, and I think an increased (simulated) roll angle would make for a more dramatic shot.

For that matter, if this can’t be done with the gimbal, is there a way to fly a DJI uas at an angle?

Thanks!

You might be able to fly a normal flight and tilt the image in post production with video software. ?

I don't think you can tilt the image in real time.

You might try FPV mode verses Follow mode in the app settings and test the difference between the gimbal swing.

@jw83876 in fpv mode the gimbal banks with the drone so flying sideways along the tree line should produce the effect you are trying to get

Reactions: Rob Dog
I’ve done this by filming at a high resolution, then adding the roll in Premiere. Zoom in (scale >100%) to get rid of the edges of the frame.

So… let me see if I can describe this properly. I’m not braining so good today.

DJI drones have the ability to manually adjust the gimbal VERTICALLY, e.g. up and down. But do they have the ability to adjust HORIZONTALLY, so it makes it appear that the drone is flying at an angle, that the aircraft roll is not 0 degrees?

Specifically the Mavic Pro 2.

Hopefully this question makes sense to someone. I have some cool forested ridges that I am going to shoot, and I think an increased (simulated) roll angle would make for a more dramatic shot.

For that matter, if this can’t be done with the gimbal, is there a way to fly a DJI uas at an angle?

Thanks!
I don't know about the Pro, but I know with the Mavic 2 Zoom you can drag the picture (gimbal) to the side with your finger on the screen. Not something I do very often, but I have tired it a couple of times and it works. Just put your finger in the center of the screen and drag it to either side and the gimbal will follow.

You can "adjust" the gimbal to +- 10deg? of roll in the app, whether or not that is enough remains the question

Dragging the finger yaws and pitches the camera but it doesn't roll it unless I'm missing a trick. Yes I know you can bias the camera angle but its a painful process. Tapping the arrow only moves it 0.1 degree and its finally limited to only 10 degrees in roll.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60