DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal at an angle

thatB00STlife

Reactions
So last week my Mavic had a rough landing. Nothing broke or got messed up, from what I was able to tell. I was hovering close to some bushes about 2 feet off the ground. I got too close and clipped the bushes. It broke two props and I immediately hit my sticks to stop the motors. I figured that was the safest thing to do, instead of letting it go crazy.

It fell about two feet and landed on its feet, even putting some marks on the feet. But now my gimbal picture is off a few degrees. I did the auto calibration several times and checked for damage. I'm not seeing any damage.

What could be wrong with my gimbal? Do I need to make a stand that's at true level to set the MP on then hang something on the wall that's at true level and compare what the MP sees?

I'm also not getting any errors on the screen. No gimbal overloads or anything. I did the calibration after the initial impact just to rezero it. Then noticed the image was slanted down to the right a few degrees. Then did calibration several times after that.

Also, while it's doing the calibration, the image is perfect compared to the grid lines on the camera. Then when calibration finishes, it goes back to a tilt. And yes, the camera is showing a tilted image even when hovering or just picking it up by hand.

I had the same type of landing and found that the gimble had jumped beyond one of the plastic stops used to set the limits of travel. I just lightly sprung it back around the tab and it floated freely back down to the normal travel area within the housing. Happened twice actually.

I had the same type of landing and found that the gimble had jumped beyond one of the plastic stops used to set the limits of travel. I just lightly sprung it back around the tab and it floated freely back down to the normal travel area within the housing. Happened twice actually.
What plastic stops are you talking about? I can hardly make out what's what in there. But I went to the gimbal roll setting and changed it to get my picture level. I only had to tap the roll arrow a few times. I think it's at .7 or something like that.

Sounds lik we have two separate problems.
If you could fix the level by the adjustment within the app then your issue was not like mine... Sorry.
My gimble was being held out of center because it had "jumped out of it's track" sort of. There was no way the electronic adjustments could repair it until I found out I just needed to unstick it from the plastic tab that was holding it out of position. The app wasn't even coming close to making it level for me. Sounds like your issue is "just lightly out of level" and correctable by the app. Thought I had a fix for you.

I believe you are fine if all you needed to do was a gimbal roll adjustment.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu