DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Clamp - How gentle?

Yes the gimbal should be treated with care but don't be scared to handle it while putting the clamp on. The vibration plate that it is mounted to is what gives you the impression that it is more fragile than it actually is.

Generally I find you will need to move the gimbal assembly slightly rearwards so the clamp lines up correctly with its proper position and then it goes on super easy.

Also, when removing it don't forget the clamp is designed to have a small amount of pressure applied by two fingers on its side so it releases from its position.

Just use it for transportation in back pack ... I remove it flight.
Yes, I understand. There have been so many people arguing back and forth on whether to operated the DJI Mavic with or without the gimbal cover. The argument centers around whether there is or is not venting related issues. The bottom line is DJI Mavic marketing videos show both configurations. Some videos have the cover installed and other don't. The only conclusion one can draw from that is the DJI Mavic has no ventilation issues with or without the gimbal cover. That being said, operating the DJI Mavic with the cover on would have to introduce adverse and unwanted optical characteristics when trying to shot video or still photography.

hello
i already have this clamp, is great to stabilize the gimbal so easy, but i noticed that when i use the mavic the camera always are unfocused, may be because the use of this?
thanks

53a59e500be5c1df0fff6b4916045995.jpg

This works great to hold the gimbal in place
I use this too and it’s great.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki