DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Controls

mastermind

Reactions
I was trying to figure out how to control the gimbal while in flight using the remote instead of having to long press the phone screen..

I finally found that the left wheel on top of controller will move it up and down. However, I have not been able to find a control that will allow me to pan the gimbal left and right. I would have to actually pan or rotate the mavic to point the camera somewhere else.

this seems odd since the gimbal has a side to side movement when it goes through calibration. Is there a way to manually move it left and right. Also is there a way to change the control that is used for the gimbal control from the left to the right wheel.

No. There is only limited side to side movement to lessen the effect of juddering while turning.
There is an option to change the sensitivity of the side to side motion in the DJI go4 app.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The Mavic Pro has a mode that allows the drone to fly straight while moving the gimbal to the left or right, when I purchased my Mavic 2 Zoom I could not find that function, it was needed to watch a stream as you flew off the side of the stream in way point mode. Needless to say if you want that feature then purchase a Pro, it seems as the Mavic line moves forward there is less features (RTH Mavic Mini 2, just sad).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga