DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

gimbal crooked during sports mode

railfan-eric

Reactions
anyone else notice that when flying in sports mode during breezy or windy conditions the camera is tilted so bad the video is unusable? I'm trying to pace a train and then it goes so crooked that the video is useless. Only noticed it when flying in sports mode and turning at certain directions when the wind is blowing. I guess it's not compensating for the wind properly.

Normal mode gives priority to camera, sport will allow getting out of gimbal motion range for more speed.

Normal mode gives priority to camera, sport will allow getting out of gimbal motion range for more speed.
I guess it doesn't handle as well as the Mavic Pro 2 then. We use sports mode all the time, on the mavic, to pace trains and it doesn't go crooked. Kind of a bummer. because we need speed for pacing trains but if it goes crooked then the footage is useless.

Kind of a bummer that a drone that is 1/4th in weight & cost 1/3 can't perform the same. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kilrah
gee thanks for your help. You don't have to be rude.
It was not my intention to be rude. Instead of reading several posts on here from different members who may give you different opinions on the cause and how to resolve the matter, I was only pointing out where you would find out the correct information and advice on the matter. I will refrain from advising anyone else on the forum now.

I could have advised, (Inappropriate Remark Removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
It was not my intention to be rude. Instead of reading several posts on here from different members who may give you different opinions on the cause and how to resolve the matter, I was only pointing out where you would find out the correct information and advice on the matter. I will refrain from advising anyone else on the forum now.
I could have advised, ( Inappropriate Remark Removed)
Oh ok. A lot of people tell me I'm rude too over the years when i don't mean to be. I have autism so sometimes i come across as rude or misinterpret others sometimes. thanks for letting me know about the other discussions. I hadn't came across those discussions at DJI forums when i looked.

That was one of my complaint with the Spark... I got a Parrot Anafi after the spark which had a perfectly level gimbal in sports mode. But Anafi’s range wasn’t good enough my needs.

mini 2 will do a better job than Spark with the gimbal in sports mode but you have to be careful with stick inputs. It can handle some mild inputs but not full inputs.

minor issue considering the range and overall quality for the price

That was one of my complaint with the Spark... I got a Parrot Anafi after the spark which had a perfectly level gimbal in sports mode. But Anafi’s range wasn’t good enough my needs.

mini 2 will do a better job than Spark with the gimbal in sports mode but you have to be careful with stick inputs. It can handle some mild inputs but not full inputs.

minor issue considering the range and overall quality for the price
So going easy on the sticks will minimize the gimbal tilt? I'll have to pay more attention to that when flying. thanks for the info.

So is the manual adjust setting not working either? I have had this as well I just adjust gamble to horizon in settings. Good to use untill there is a need for other modes.

gee thanks for your help. You don't have to be rude.
Just ignore the ( Removed)most people will help. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see pertinent links also. Power on AC and tilt left or right, when the gimbal is almost at max range, that is basically how much the AC has to tilt to achieve high speed, add some wind AC will tilt past gimbal range....forward and back, way more tilt range, usually not a problem in 25 mph wind or less....( Inappropriate Remark Removed)

(Mod Removed)
Where on their forum? The DJI forum is disaster, I can't find anything.

It is explained well by Dji in their own forum. Do a little research.
Might be but this isn’t that forum. Let’s not be so quick.
We do try and not be rude here. Thanks ?

Guys let’s ease up before I have to come back and really clean this.

I was only pointing out where you would find out the correct information and advice on the matter. I will refrain from advising anyone else on the forum now.

I could have advised, (Inappropriate Remark Removed)
Also after reading this remark let me say if you depend on that forum for correct information and advice you are bad mistaken.
Have been a member there for years and this forum is so much superior and the members so much more knowledgeable you can’t even begin to compare them.
As far as you advising anyone else here if that’s all you got I agree.
Don’t.
Now that’s all I have to say about this anymore anyone want to challenge me on it in a message not in this thread.
Stay true to the OP’s topic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair