DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Gimbal Disconnected" and SD card not being picked up

Zacory

Reactions
Hello,

I've had my drone since about..December now, I've had no issues with it at all.

I crashed it and the only thing that was damaged were the propellers, of which have been replaced since. Everything else was perfectly fine, the drone was flying fine, compass, forward vision.. etc. I had full control over the gimbal, it was reading memory cards perfectly fine. I've done many of flights with image transmission since the crash.

Until about 3 days ago, I took the drone out to fly, with two fully charged batteries plus a third in the body of the drone, and it said "no image transmission signal" so upon clicking on that, i saw air encoder error 0x80000... and then i scrolled down to see the status of the gimbal and it said disconnected and i'm wondering what to do.

I've downgraded, refreshed and upgraded back to the most recent firmware update on DJI Assistant 2. I've tried different memory cards, i've tried it on WiFi mode and I've had no luck.

So i was wondering where to go from here...is this a technical issue or a physical issue? I have tried replacing the ribbon cable myself with a cable purchased from an authorized dji parts dealer in the UK and it changed nothing so i put the old cable back. I had no problems or issues with replacing the cable as I'm confident with replacing and switching out electronics as I do it quite often.

thanks,
zac

Last edited:
i'm also experiencing this issue... Have you tried to upgrade/refresh/downgrading your firmware?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760