DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal disconnected error £435 repair bill wtf!

DevonDrone

Reactions
Hi all,

Well after not using my mavic pro for a couple of months i decided to take it out for a fly, when i turned it all on the dji go app told me my tx and mavic required and update so i let it do the update. after the update was installed the app was telling me the gimbal was disconnected, i could still fly the mavic and have live feed to the ipad but just zero camera function working ie record or take photo and all the settings were showing N/A and dji go was saying 'No SD card' even though one was installed, also the gimbal still worked fine and runs through the gimbal initialization process on startup.

I tried everything to resolve this but still no luck, new sd card, formatting sd card, downgraded the firmware etc etc etc. My mavic is two years old and only had 15 flights but was out of dji warranty so i sent it off to a uk dji approved repair company in the uk, after a week they got back to me and told me the mainboard was shot and needed replacing, so along with all the added charges etc I am looking at a repair bill of £435 to get my mavic fixed that was fine before the latest update. (also a further £60 for shipping and inspection)

I would like a DJI rep to reach out to me and tell me what they are going to do about this, a £1300 flymore combo only used 15 times can now develop a £435 faul just by updating?
the whole thing has left me feeling sick and seriously out of pocket. My mavic was never crashed and still on the original props and looked after like it was a child!. I have a feeling this is going to be a long road to walk with dji and not sure how it will turn out :( anyone who can offer me advice or help would be gladly accepted.

Jim.

You had it for 2 years and only flown 15 times? Maybe not worth repairing if you are not really going to use it. How are the batteries? I heard they don't last long if they are not used for prolonged periods.

You had it for 2 years and only flown 15 times? Maybe not worth repairing if you are not really going to use it. How are the batteries? I heard they don't last long if they are not used for prolonged periods.

The lipo's are fine and still hold charge, they were stored at half capacity. I have other lipos for planes etc that are 5 years old and still going strong. I have other drones too that i use more than the mavic, just cause i dont use it often dosent mean i dont need it! :D also when i first got it it had a faulty camera so went back to dji for 9 weeks repair :(

Oh wow... :(
I wish you good luck and hope you can reach an understanding DJI representative.

Thanks, one thing is for sure once repaired i will never do another update!..... ever!

Why don’t you contact Thunderdrones and see if he has any ideas. How trustworthy is the repair service you sent it to? I too would question why an update software would cause the board hardware to go bad.

Reactions: Steve Murray
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure