DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Issue

OhioS1000RR

Reactions
My Gimbal recently started not working when I was on vacation in Florida. The gimbal started would start up like normal then become very eratic and make a banging noise. The Mavic is less then 4 months old. What is DJI like to deal with on an issue like this? I was talking to a employee of DJI on the chat and he made it sound like I would perhaps be on the hook for the price of repair. Kind of disheartening to have a 4 month old drone fail on vacation and then told you might have to pay for it. Below is a video of what the drone is doing.

My Gimbal recently started not working when I was on vacation in Florida. The gimbal started would start up like normal then become very eratic and make a banging noise. The Mavic is less then 4 months old. What is DJI like to deal with on an issue like this? I was talking to a employee of DJI on the chat and he made it sound like I would perhaps be on the hook for the price of repair. Kind of disheartening to have a 4 month old drone fail on vacation and then told you might have to pay for it. Below is a video of what the drone is doing.

That is really disheartening. Have you checked to see if the ribbon cable looks dinged up at all? Or made sure nothing like a stick of rock got Jammed up in gimble somewhere? Also do you have care refresh or just factory warranty?

I hope you get flying again soon

That is really disheartening. Have you checked to see if the ribbon cable looks dinged up at all? Or made sure nothing like a stick of rock got Jammed up in gimble somewhere? Also do you have care refresh or just factory warranty?

I hope you get flying again soon

I have the factory warranty, I bought it new from best buy and I don't think that was an option when I bought it. Theres no dings or scratches on the ribbon. My mavic only travels in a padded Mavic backpack, it gets treated extremely well. I had a phantom 3 before and I was really impressed by the over all product that DJI offered. I'm hoping they stand by their product.

I hope it all works of for you. If you still have the Phantom 3 or another drone at least you can fly while the mavic is in the shop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54