DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal issue

Exphantomflyer

Reactions
Well it finally happened, after 9 months in the air with over 200 flights or more the gimbal decided to start up and sit pointing to the left (from the front) i tried calibration but it kept failing as the gimbal juddered slightly when moving up and down, and then it got worse, a horrible high pitched whine and now the dreaded "Check gimbal motor for obstruction" message has appeared on the app and the camera no longer moves even though it moves at startup and then sticks pointing down.

Hoping this is just a ribbon issue and nothing more.

Reactions: Irish-apple
we should have a button that says ah sh@t or something instead of I like ..

anyhow any crash etc ?? just by itself started would you be covered under consumer law for this ??

we should have a button that says ah sh@t or something instead of I like ..

anyhow any crash etc ?? just by itself started would you be covered under consumer law for this ??

Not covered as such, it was a second user quad and to be fair I’ve given it some stick over the 9 months I’ve had it, I’ve flown in weather from cold to hot and winds up to 30mph, it’s been upgraded downgraded, used for videos on my YouTube channel and the like.

I’ve spoken to a chap who repairs and he reckons it’s the cable.

Reactions: Irish-apple
Not covered as such, it was a second user quad and to be fair I’ve given it some stick over the 9 months I’ve had it, I’ve flown in weather from cold to hot and winds up to 30mph, it’s been upgraded downgraded, used for videos on my YouTube channel and the like.

I’ve spoken to a chap who repairs and he reckons it’s the cable.
cool hope you get it going again pal ..

Glad you got it fixed. In the future, try to listen for that gimbal squeal. If you hear it, and it doesn't stop, the gimbal motor assembly might have gotten damaged.

Cheers mate, the chap who repaired it does warranty repairs in the UK and carries all the spares I need should it happen again.

Reactions: Former Member
Would you mind sharing who did the repair? We have a good number of members located in Europe and the UK, and they are always looking for a good repair shop.

Sent you a PM mate

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803