DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal issues after crash

jason38

Reactions
Hello evreyone, and happy new year!
I just wanted to share m'y first crash expérience with the mavic... And problems I had while fixing the mavic...

So I crashed it a few weeks ago, I took off, but I forgot to take a look around before, so the mavic hurts an electric wire just above me. A propeller was shkt, ans the mavic crashed very hard just in front of me...
The gimbal was shot, no image return, no movements , the ribbon cable was cutted , the rear right arm was shot, and the front left arm was quietely broken, near the antenna...

I was able to stick the antenna on the front arm, but I needed to replace the rear arm ..

For the gimbal, I replaced the gibbon cable (which is a tricky operation!!) ans the other cable ... I managed to make the gimbal moves again , but there were still no imgage return... So I ordered a brand new gimbal/camera/ card, and I replaced the whole thing 2 weeks ago. Since this day everything works really fine, but 3 dans ago I have had another issue...
I saw this message error on the app:
"Vision system failure, check app"
I tried to calibrate the vision system with the DJI Assistant 2 like explained on some forums, but when I checked the image return of the 2 front cams, there were only one running well...

So I opened m'y mavic again to check connectors of the front camps, which are connected to the gimbal electronic card. Everything was fine , and I retried to calibrate the camps, but at this time, none of the 2 cams were running...

I ordered a new front cams assembly , but the probem still exists...

I fixed it un removing the "new" electronic card sens with the new gimbal, and replaced it by the original one, and it works realy fine since this day!! :)

Keep all your old parts, maybe you should need it later !!!

And whatch out before flying , keep you eyes above and arround to detect any obstacle !!!... Its been a 500$ crash... The last, for sure!!

Enjoy tour flights!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras