DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

gimbal just goes crazy on power up (no guard on sensor)

tjcooper

Reactions
This is about the 3rd time I have powered up the Mavic Pro and the gimbal just jumps around indefinitely.
The guard has been removed. Powered up the drone first, RC second, headset third. Have a picture on the attached cell phone, but the gimbal is just spining from max to min in all axes on a random basis. Grabbed the gimbal for a second to stop it......it stopped for 1-2 seconds, and then took off again just randomly jumping around.

Only way I have been able to overcome problem is to power off all parts, and then re-apply power in the order I have listed above. I was in Photo mode once and in Video mode the other times this happened. Is there a "fix" for this problem? Or at least a method sort of total power down to get the problem to stop? Much thanks.
tjcooper

will try it this weekend. So you are saying turn the MP on its right side but level to ground of then hit the battery button?
tjcooper

Reactions: x_stefano20
This is about the 3rd time I have powered up the Mavic Pro and the gimbal just jumps around indefinitely.
The guard has been removed. Powered up the drone first, RC second, headset third. Have a picture on the attached cell phone, but the gimbal is just spining from max to min in all axes on a random basis. Grabbed the gimbal for a second to stop it......it stopped for 1-2 seconds, and then took off again just randomly jumping around.

Only way I have been able to overcome problem is to power off all parts, and then re-apply power in the order I have listed above. I was in Photo mode once and in Video mode the other times this happened. Is there a "fix" for this problem? Or at least a method sort of total power down to get the problem to stop? Much thanks.
tjcooper
One thing I found was that it only happened when I had filters attached. Come to find out I wasn't pushing them on flush with the lens. That tiny 1/8" offset of the filter caused my gimbal to do multiple resets. Take a look at this youtube video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura