DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Load too Large and Magnetic Interferance

SDTacoMan

Reactions
Hello everyone! I've been interested in flying drones for a while now and decided to get my FAA Part 107 cert recently. Due to financial difficulties I couldn't really afford a brand new drone, so I picked up my friends Mavic Pro cheap because he crashed it. I would consider myself pretty handy so I figured I'd have a go of it and see if I can break into flying drones.

Problem?
  • The Mavic a displays errors: "Gimbal Load to Large" and "Caution Magnetic interference" and I am unable to control the camera at all, although the video does transmit to my phone.
  • On Power up the gimbal slams up and down repeatedly every minute or so (on the Pitch Axis I believe), never moving on any other axis at all.
    • It actually makes an audible 'knock' sound when it hits the stops although when cycling the axis' by hand non seem to have any restrictiveness to them
    • I'm also not sure if it's completely unrestricted along the pitch axis, it seems to hit the stop facing downward, but facing upward it stops about 3/8" before the stop, I've posted 2 pictures of the camera at its pitch limits in this post.IMG_0195.jpgIMG_0194.jpg

Was unit in a crash? Yes, Unsure of the exact details, but overall the unit looks like its in really good shape cosmetically

What have you tried so far? My friend replaced one gimbal arm (he threw the old one away so I can't really see if its been bent). I replaced the ribbon cable (wouldn't mind seeing a close up picture of its supposed orientation to make sure I got it right). I did NOT replace the signal transmission cable (the one with a bunch of seperate wires) - I have one on the way here though and will replace it soon. I did one successful IMU calibration.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Iphone 11

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
  • Aircraft - 1.04.0500
  • Controller - 1.04.0500

What Go app version are you using? 4.3.38

Any modification?
(if so what) One of these base plate/gimbal protectors is installed (too little to late I guess) -

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) IMG_0193.PNG
IMG_0191.PNGIMG_0190.PNGIMG_0189.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0192.PNG
    IMG_0192.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 7
that red thing you have under the aircraft is well known interfere with the bottom sensors causing people to lose there mavic i'd be careful using that thing man...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore