DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor movement question

Reactions
So I bought a mavic pro with gimbal overload error, it fly's, live video and gimbal would work a lil bit, so I decided to take it apart and try to figure it out, felt like it had free movement. So now that I have both new gimbal cables on the way, the gimbal is stripped. Side to side and up and down are free moving, the motor that rotates the camera feels free, however doesn't move on its own if tilted like the other 2 motors do. The guy who sold it to me had tried to repair it(he did to a point maybe) but it looks like he tightened that screw or something as its striped and the side to side screw looks messed up to, so could it be he took those apart thinking the problem was that and put it back it to tight or something?

I know that when on the gimbal did track how it was supposed to until it overloaded

Are those screws the shaft of the motor? Can they be taken apart and checked or anything? Should I loosen the one that seems to be not so free movement?

Also he must have lost the correct screws as it was missing screws and not the correct screws where in the gimbal. So anyone know what screw and sizes are used and how many? I can get those easy locally hopefully.

Thanks, I want to be ready to install it once I get my cables. He damaged the video feed cable and then I killed it taking the camera off the gimbal, the flat cable doesn't look damaged but I bought a new one to see if that was the problem.

Side note, I tried to buy a battery from best buy, first one was swollen, then the next 5 I exchanged it for where all bad, puffy and one cracked do to being swollen, got my money back, but six batteries where all bad out the box.

Forgot to add the props I bought there too where bad out the box, cracks in them. I won't ever go best buy for anything again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty