DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor overload

Tbredhed

Reactions
Took my MPP out over the weekend for a flight and the gimbal failed its calibration then kept trying to calibrate every minute or so. Flew fine otherwise but couldn't take it out more than a couple hundred yards.
I checked the gimbal over and couldn't find any obvious problems, anybody have any suggestions or just send it back for repair.
Cheers

Make sure you have the cover off but otherwise send her back ??

Make sure one of the four corners of the gimbal assembly is not fetched up on the frame - I am assuming you didn't forget to remove the gimbal clamp. Also was there anything stopping the gimbal calibration such as a lose ND filter? Sometimes grass or a stick can do that. I had my gimbal recalibrating midair and I reset everything and it was good afterwards. Shuts the camera down everytime it does it as well.

Reactions: Tbredhed
Thanks for all that, I had already checked for anything obstructing the gimbal and reseated the ND filter but maybe I'll try removing it.
Other than that I guess it's time to use my refresh for the first time.
Cheers
Make sure one of the four corners of the gimbal assembly is not fetched up on the frame - I am assuming you didn't forget to remove the gimbal clamp. Also was there anything stopping the gimbal calibration such as a lose ND filter? Sometimes grass or a stick can do that. I had my gimbal recalibrating midair and I reset everything and it was good afterwards. Shuts the camera down everytime it does it as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest