DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor overload?

Ok cancelled case with DJI,Apple are sending me a replacement fly more pack in 2 days result!
Hopefully this one won’t have the same problem.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Gimbal motor overloaded message comes after 5-20 minutes depending on the temperature. Also it depends on if there is a sunshine that is strong. When I fly it in the night, I have no problem at all until the battery finishes. But on a hot sunny day it the message appears after 5 minutes. DJI sent me a repair label but it I don't want to send it until I come from my trip. At least I can do photos with it.
Any idea why the temperature is affecting the Gimbal?

I’m having the same issue. Except it starts with Gimbal stuck. But after a little tapping it corrects itself and then goes to gimbal over load. The spacers are all fine, however the metal wires in the yaw don’t look right. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 493895A3-3BCD-4B58-AF69-C59EC6E9757C.jpeg
    493895A3-3BCD-4B58-AF69-C59EC6E9757C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 22
I’m having the same issue. Except it starts with Gimbal stuck. But after a little tapping it corrects itself and then goes to gimbal over load. The spacers are all fine, however the metal wires in the yaw don’t look right. Thoughts?

Here's mine.

It only has about a dozen flights so my wires look more uniform and not twisted like yours.

Not sure if they twist over time. ?

20201018_162355.jpg

20201018_162438.jpg

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Hmm yeah they look similar. After even more research I’ve heard some people say the ribbon cable may be damaged or shorted. I may have damaged it pushing back on the gimbal to changed filters or something.

It’s not the wires. I know your post was last year but maybe this will help someone else. If you zoom in, you can clearly see the crack in the housing.

Attachments

• A71E3A44-0A86-469A-B5B6-F7FBC109D77B.jpeg
    A71E3A44-0A86-469A-B5B6-F7FBC109D77B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme