DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Motor Overloaded

TonyPHX

Chuck Norris's drones don't crash.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
So not really asking what the error message means,as it is pretty self explanatory. Just wondering realy more about people's experience with this error. Specifically, I have a Mavic 2 Pro that I used for a orthomosaic automated mission of a large 98 acre property. Upon completing the automated mission, (about two hours in total of flying plus various battery changes), I then went to make some ground level pictures of some features on the property. While doing this, there was a slight uptick in the wind, but nothing bad that I have not flown in before. I began to get the gimbal overloaded message. I had another drone with me, so rather than troubleshoot,I switched to my backup.

I plan on checking out the M2 Pro tomorrow and start with a gimbal calibration etc. But is this is common happening when the drone is worked hard non-stop? I have several Mavic 2 Pro's but have not really got a lot of experience with multi-hour missions on them. Thanks for any input!

So not really asking what the error message means,as it is pretty self explanatory. Just wondering realy more about people's experience with this error. Specifically, I have a Mavic 2 Pro that I used for a orthomosaic automated mission of a large 98 acre property. Upon completing the automated mission, (about two hours in total of flying plus various battery changes), I then went to make some ground level pictures of some features on the property. While doing this, there was a slight uptick in the wind, but nothing bad that I have not flown in before. I began to get the gimbal overloaded message. I had another drone with me, so rather than troubleshoot,I switched to my backup.

I plan on checking out the M2 Pro tomorrow and start with a gimbal calibration etc. But is this is common happening when the drone is worked hard non-stop? I have several Mavic 2 Pro's but have not really got a lot of experience with multi-hour missions on them. Thanks for any input!
I've flown 3-4 hours with battery changes and have never seen this.

Reactions: TonyPHX
I've flown 3-4 hours with battery changes and have never seen this.
Ok, cool, and thank you for the feedback. That gives me a starting point to look at my hardware more. I really wasn't sure if it was my expectations were too high or if the drone was acting badly. I now know it was indeed the drone acting badly.

I think I have seen this once on my M2Pro. If I remember properly I think the camera was pointing straight down and the wind was kind of gusty. The message flashed briefly on the screen. I chalked it up to the gimbal being too close to the maximum travel point and with the extra wind stress got pushed beyond its limit momentarily. I have not seen it again and it’s been at least a year or so.

I think I have seen this once on my M2Pro. If I remember properly I think the camera was pointing straight down and the wind was kind of gusty. The message flashed briefly on the screen. I chalked it up to the gimbal being too close to the maximum travel point and with the extra wind stress got pushed beyond its limit momentarily. I have not seen it again and it’s been at least a year or so.
Cool. Well, just did a gimbal calibration and all ok on the surface. I'm gonna stress test it this weekend. :)

I got this message when I was powering on my drone while holding it in my hand in such a way that the drone couldn't freely calibrate the gimbal on startup. After restarting it the error went away. Also noticed others have this error after a crash, well, in that case, the reason is self-explanatory, I guess.

I got this message when I was powering on my drone while holding it in my hand in such a way that the drone couldn't freely calibrate the gimbal on startup. After restarting it the error went away. Also noticed others have this error after a crash, well, in that case, the reason is self-explanatory, I guess.
Good point. Yes, no crash this day. : ) Appreciate all the feedback! All good things to think about.

Reactions: Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242