DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal movement during hyperlapse shots

Wind or The pro guys I know Own one of these:
1721532677763.jpeg A Prop Balancer, The Du Bro is the easiest to use IMO.
Dji makes nice props BUT they don't balance them! Balance and then weigh each of the 4 Try and use the 4 closest too the same weight just to be nice to your motors. BUT that doesn't matter much really ( the Drones PID will take care of that) BUT at least balance each Prop.

Last edited:
Wind or The pro guys I know Own one of these:
View attachment 176393 A Prop Balancer, The Du Bro is the easiest to use IMO.
Dji makes nice props BUT they don't balance them! Balance and then weigh each of the 4 Try and use the 4 closest too the same weight just to be nice to your motors. BUT that doesn't matter much really ( the Drones PID will take care of that) BUT at least balance each Prop.
Balancing collapsible/foldable props is very difficult since it is hard to keep them perfectly outstratched in the ballancer during the process.

Forgot to add... mavic 3 pro. My m4p works perfect

Link to hypserlapse... this is one of the better ones. Others have been worse
I'd say that your sample is pretty typical of what to expect from M3P. I've done a few hyperlapses and the results were similar. Wind is your biggest enemy during timelapse shooting and even on windless days post stabilization is usually required to smooth things out.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I do a lot of hyperlapse with my Air2S and the issues I see with your Mavic3 Pro look similar to a lot of my results. The biggest issue for me has been the wind but the drone sometimes drifts and the footage is jittery from not perfectly balanced props. I use pro premier "warp stabilizer" to stabilize all my hyperlapse footage. Without this nearly all my videos would be poor quality. But after using the warp stabilizer tool they come out buttery smooth.

Here is a link to a hyperlapse video compilation I made. All the videos are stabilized and would be super jittery if they hadn't been.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Most hyperlapses are in the frames of a small movement of the image either left or right. The wind affects stationary hyperlase as well as if we determine the direction of movement.
A drone will not take an absolutely stable shot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMA