DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal not working

robert1305

Reactions
When I switch everything on the camera goes thro the centering, but then I get the message the drone is overheating and it asks me to check if the gimbal lock has been removed, it has!!! but the camera is pointing fully down, and the body of the drone is realy hot.

Have not flown the drone outside of the garden due to illness, and when I put it away last time everything was working OK.

New to this hobby so really need HELP.:(:(:(

Regards Bob

Are you sure its not saying that the "gimbal is overloaded." Thats when it will ask if the gimbal lock has been removed.

Drone overheating can be caused by flying on very hot day with the protective bubble on and not allowing air to circulate into the cooling fan. The Mavic is meant to run hot at the heat sink, thats where some of the hot air blows out, in addition to the 2 rear ducts.

These are 2 separate error messages, so it would help if you took a screen shot and posted it up here.

Thanks for the replyTD, I am not flying the drone just trying to do some settings inside, just get the warning aircraft motor overloaded, then it changes to gimbal obstructed, but it feels free.
The eat sinks gets quite hot but the fan is working.
The gimbal does not respond to the contoller

Have you had a crash or dropped it? Aircraft motor overloaded usually means one or more of the motors is not able to turn freely. Try to turn each motor to see if any of them are binding or feel "gritty" when youre turning them.

Gimbal obstructed usually means the gimbal has had an impact and is not able to get around its axes to self calibrate. It could also be the flat ribbon cable got damaged and is sending that error message.

Can I ask how long have you had the drone? Bought new or used? DJI Refresh or other insurance?

Not had a crash or dropped it only flown it for 40mins, all four motors running freely
Mavic bought new 2months ago, no insurance, had a bad chest infection and have been incapacitated until now.
Just wondering if its a setting that's not right.
Was going to take it outside and try to fly it but its raining heavily at the moment, one of the downsides living in Wales.

Aircraft motor overloaded is something I dont mess around with. Im usually the last to tell people this, but I would send it in to DJI or find a more local authorized repair facility who can fix it under warranty for free since its still under warranty. If it was just 1 issue, maybe it can be fixed, but youre getting 2 different unrelated messages and that could only spell trouble if you try to fly it. Motor overload could cause the motor or ESC to fail, and it could just drop like a rock.

By the way, did you buy it from a place that has an extended return policy??? That would be your best bet. Its only been 2 months.

Had chance to take it outside started it up no overload warning and it seems to respond OK, but I get a warning that the gimbal is obstructed, checked it over and it does move very easily to the touch

Thanks TD for your input, I have decided to box it and take it back to Maplins who supplied me with drone.
They have a 12 month guarantee on all products sold, so they either repair it ( don't think I would accept that) give me a replacement, or my money back.
So first thing tomorrow I will be there.

Thanks once again

Regards Bob

Reactions: Former Member
Im glad you bought it from a reputable dealer and have some recourse. I wouldnt give up on the Mavic, most come ready to fly with the only thing needed to do is the firmware update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot