DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal obstruction and Motor Overload- Replaced Vibration Plate

That cable is part of the ribbon cable that needs to be replaced correct? If so, then I will just have that redone when I order the new part. Do you sell those parts btw?
You might not need to replace the ribbon. If you can figure out where the gimbal is scraping it might fix everything

Please take a closeup picture of where it is scratching.
Ok so tried to take a couple of angles. Some to show the scuff marks on the area I believe is scratching and then some to show where the two collide and the friction is.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 6.57.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 6.57.55 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 6.58.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 6.58.01 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 6.58.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 6.58.06 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 6.58.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 6.58.11 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 6.58.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 6.58.16 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
After reading this thread, I just have to say how very lucky we are to have @Thunderdrones as a member. This is just the latest example of his willingness to freely offer his knowledge and time to help a member.

Thank you @Thunderdrones!

After reading this thread, I just have to say how very lucky we are to have @Thunderdrones as a member. This is just the latest example of his willingness to freely offer his knowledge and time to help a member.

Thank you @Thunderdrones!
Thank you thunder I have been following this thread. Thank you for giving back, their are not much people like you anymore unfortunately.

As the others have said, thank you so much Thunder! Your help is much appreciated. Is there any where I can purchase a replacement for that part? Or would I need to replace the whole gimbal. If so, may I ask what you would charge for such a repair if I send it in?

Just send me a PM with your name and address. I'll send it for free.

I seem to be having a similar issue with the gimbal getting stuck against the vibration plate. it is getting stuck in the rectangular opening directly over the gimbal preventing the up/down movement during calibration, (giving me the gimbal overload message)
I made sure the tabs and anti drop hook are all in their proper alignment.
I was wondering if i could widen the opening in the plate with a dremel or file to provide clearance for rotation.
I have video feed and when I do mess with it,it does the dance , but hangs up the next time or 2.
The gimbal does not look bent but to my eyes but I can never find my glasses either so....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60