DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal off center when powered up

gizmoboy

Reactions
When I power up my air 2, the gimbal sits quite a bit left of center (see video).

I’ve tried gimbal calibration, which shows that they gimbal does have full range of motion, it just thinks this off kilter position is “correct”.

Any idea how to fix this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_4_6_21__3_33_PM.png
    Screenshot_4_6_21__3_33_PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Several gimbal options in the FlyApp. As long as it flies correctly and shoots pics / video's once in the air - what is does sitting would be a "small" concern for me.

Several gimbal options in the FlyApp. As long as it flies correctly and shoots pics / video's once in the air - what is does sitting would be a "small" concern for me.
The main problem with the gimbal being off is all the quickshots don't quite work properly. They are all "misaligned" because the Air 2 thinks it's sooting straight ahead, but it's not.

Secondarily, manual video is hard because you're not really moving the drone as you expect when you want to move the camera. (For example, to move left, instead of just moving the right stick left, you have to pair it with a bit of yaw to get the proper effect.)

Reactions: tlswift58
The main problem with the gimbal being off is all the quickshots don't quite work properly. They are all "misaligned" because the Air 2 thinks it's sooting straight ahead, but it's not.

Secondarily, manual video is hard because you're not really moving the drone as you expect when you want to move the camera. (For example, to move left, instead of just moving the right stick left, you have to pair it with a bit of yaw to get the proper effect.)
Time to give DJI Support a call / email.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803