DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Opinion needed

Frank G

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I need a few opinions on how to handle a malfunctioning gamble and my options. I've had problems with my gimble as others have mentioned. I get the black screen with no video transmission and I get a camera sensor error that says hardware malfunction. I replaced the video cable with the a new one and have the same results.

Gimbal is able to move in all directions with no problem.

At this point I would hate to invest any more money into a new gimble because of the cost when sending back to DJI. Probably $450 with shipping and then getting no results. So would I be better off parting out my existing one and buying a new Mavick, without the controller. I figured at least I would get a new battery and will be spending 750 $800.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Frank

Last edited:
Camera sensor error usually means your camera body is not working properly. You could buy a new camera body and see if it works. Or you can send it to me and I can give you an estimate.

I repair more than a few gimbals a week.

Rather than ordering a new housing, it probably makes more sense for me to send the entire gimble in, for you to give me an estimate.

In order to get an estimate, what do I need to do in order to send it to you. E.g take gimbal out? I have already replaced the video cable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter