DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal overload problem

Pkaufmann

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom

About a week ago in mid-flight on my 3rd battery I noticed the gimbal was not responding to up/down. I then noticed the gimbal overload error. I shut everything down and powered it back up and when the gimbal goes through its initialization process it stops on the 3rd attempt to move the gimbal up/down. It keeps doing that every time I power cycle the drone.

The only thing I tried was reseating the small flat ribbon cable and that has done nothing. I believe the gimbal itself has failed.

Any ideas where I can get the gimbal repaired or replaced???

Thanks

This may seem obvious but have you checked that the gimbal has freedom of movement? No binding felt when manually manipulating the gimbal in all 3 axes? Of course be sure it's powered off when manually manipulating the gimbal.

Thanks for the reply DanMan32....

Yes the gimbal does move freely. You can see the gimble freely move during its initialization, on its third up and down limit it stops less than halfway.

I've seen a lot posts regarding issues with the gimbal. I am concerned that it just quit for no reason, I could certainly understand if it crashed or it was bumped but it happened mid flight.

Thanks again, I will contact DJI Drone Service.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fara