DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal overload with Ultimaxx Filters

Thank you for the information VFX. Agreed the mavic is no pro drone, but it’s perfect for my needs and wants. I would still like the best quality images. Any recommendations on a post production program, cheap or free? I’ve seen a lot of different opinions, curious on yours.

Depends if you run Windows or MacOS

dfa6d93a83fb1cd331c4bf7bebde4df6.jpg

Standard reply would be Final Cut Pro X but that is not cheap and really complicated. If you have a Mac, you can do wonders with iMovie (although I did'd get it). An easy (free) program is ActivePresenter. I just downloaded it for some tutorials and it allows you to do basic editing with a timeline. Not as sophisticated as FCPX but it gets the job done. Some nice effects (zoom instead of the fancy Ken Burns) but at the end, it actually works.
But there are more free programs available. Good way to end it with the best..... Final Cut Pro X.

And by the end of October, the new upgrade will be introduced. With 360 degrees and panorama features

Hey peeps,

sorry for another gimbal overload thread but I only have this problem when I use any of the 3 Ultimaxx filter pack I bought with my Mavic. Has anyone else purchased these filters and had the same problem?

I have tried a couple of different things when fitting the filter.....Do it from start up, add after gimbal start up finished, start up - calibrate gimbal - power down - add and start up, Calibrate gimbal with filter attached.........Everything, nothing works, same message!!

They have "for Mavic" printed on the side but I have a feeling they are too heavy for the gimbal? I may be completely wrong but I get the feeling that the large horrible clunky noise it makes when trying to calibrate gimbal with filter on is not a good thing?!?! :rolleyes:

So finally if no-one has any kind of fix they can suggest, can you suggest some good filters please.

Cheers folks?! Thumbswayup
I want to know.. Is the nd filter or uv filter always keep it installed to mavic camera is a bad habit or its ok...? Everyting has no problem, but i want this uv fikter always fit on my mavic camera, second what a maximum weight for that nd.. 2gram?is it okay?

The only reason to use an ND filter (not a polarizing one) is to achieve a more cinematic shot. We are used to seeing TV and movies shot at 24 or 25 games per second with what is called 180 degree shutter speed (1/50th).To achieve that in a camera with no aperture control requires the use of an ND filter.

If you have no interest in making your footage look cinematic (and therefore more pleasing to our eyes) then don't waste your money.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman