DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal overload

RobotBee

Reactions
Hi all.

Got a gimbal overload message and the gimbal stopped working after hammering around in sports mode.

Landed, turned drone off and on again and was fine after that.

Is that normal?

Thanks

If you pulled too many G's in sport mode it is possible that the gimbal could not keep up. The driver for the gimbal motors have a form of re-settable fuse or breaker that cut power if it is pulling too many amps (such as when someone forgets to take the clamp off)..

By re-booting the drone you must have re-set the power to the gimbal and all is good.

Last edited:
If you pulled too many G's in sport mode it is possible that the gimbal could not keep up. The driver for the gimbal motors have a form of re-settable fuse or breaker that gut power if it is pulling too many amps (such as when someone forgets to take the clamp off)..

By re-booting the drone you must have re-set the power to the gimbal and all is good.

I hoped it would be something like that. Nothing to worry about then.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Recently I started getting this error on my Mavic Air. When it happens I can't tilt the camera, and it seems that the camera is stuck. I will land my drone and like you did, turn it off and on, sometimes it goes away, but other times I keep getting it.
I even noticed when i have Gimbal overload message on, using controller (throttle stick) shakes/moves the gimbal. Have you noticed that too?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu