DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal power

JohnnyD913

Reactions
Ok, my gimbal doesn’t calibrate and camera looks down at 45 degree angle after start up.
I’m gonna replace the gimbal ribbon but there are two more ribbon cables that attach to the gimbal control board and idk where they originated.
There is one on left and right and have gimbal marked on them..
Do they come from main board and is it possible they are the real culprit

Ok, my gimbal doesn’t calibrate and camera looks down at 45 degree angle after start up.
I’m gonna replace the gimbal ribbon but there are two more ribbon cables that attach to the gimbal control board and idk where they originated.
There is one on left and right and have gimbal marked on them..
Do they come from main board and is it possible they are the real culprit

the 2 cables are power and VPS sensors i think, but as its looking down its probably going to be the camera control board mounted on the top of the camera, its always worth changing the ribbon cable first though, remember that you have to remove the top of the quad and unplug the cables going into the camera.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
YouTube has some great tutorials on changing the gimbal ribbon, and the complete gimbal.
A search there will find them easy enough, just look through and find one you like.

Alternatively, @djidroneservice has something on their website too, they might come along and advise . . . they also sell the gimbal ribbon and gimbal assemblies if needed, pretty sure an earlier post said they have them in stock.

Reactions: JohnnyD913 and DDS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll