DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal QC issues -- comparing two Mavics

kona

Reactions
I finally a chance to compare my Mavic to another one side by side in identical conditions (weather, elevation, position, and settings) to confirm or rule out whether my Mavic has the gimbal I suspected, leading to excessive tilt when rolling (flying sideways).

I'm posting two videos, from my Mavic ("Icarus") and a friends ("Fly") who just got hers. In both I fly left-right-left-right for 8 second intervals. I did not adjust the friends Mavics horizon properly on take off so there's a small baseline tilt you'll have to correct for. I'm not going to bias you with my take and am curious to hear your assessment, which tilts more when going sideways?!

My Mavic:

Friends' Mavic:

2nd take Friends' Mavic:

Last edited:
Haven't tried FPV but in these video it has an example of how FPV looks like.

Haven't tried FPV but in these video it has an example of how FPV looks like.

Thanks. I also posted an example (of the same scene as the other videos) above. FPV is much more dramatic than the tilt I'm talking about. The tile on the faulty Mavic is about 15-20%. The tile on the OK Mavic is maybe half that. The tile in FPV is about 45%.

Yeah noticed this on my mavic too.. especially when you pull all the way to left/right

It looks similar IMO if you put a straight line over the video. The camera angle makes the other one looks better, looks like it was still going to tilt more but you stopped before it gained full speed at 0:36 in the second video. If you have the opportunity to do another comparison, enable horizon lines to make sure the video looks exactly the same and try sports mode also.
I wonder if the rubber bands holding the gimbal could be more lose on yours compared to your friends'. It's a pain but I just adjust my gimbal roll manually if I need to do a panning shot. I don't film sideways very often.

Last edited:
Reactions: kona
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair